- Activities & Social
- Civic & Community
- Crime & Safety
- Give & Lend
- Local Politics
- Lost & Found
- 1 month, 4 weeks ago #2682
- New Topics: 75
- Total Replies: 177
- Contributions: 252
Ipswich Buses is a bus company that operates in Ipswich, Suffolk. It is owned by Ipswich Borough Council. The company operates buses throughout the town and surrounding villages. Its depot is situated in Constantine Road, near Ipswich Town’s Portman Road football ground. First Norfolk & Suffolk also operate bus services in the town on complementary routes. [Wikipedia]
Company Year End Turnover Profit Dividend 1994 £5,529,639 £269,099 £44,000 1995 £4,999,358 (£438,207) 1996 £4,750,777 (£61,155) 1997 £4,900,441 (£78,410) 1998 £5,585,566 £11,271 1999 £5,515,735 (£424,179) 2000 £5,608,371 (£480,981) 2001 £6,422,359 £312,856 2003 £10,197,674 £555,255 2004 £7,889,300 £450,634 2005 £8,447,245 £448,778 2006 £8,898,043 £196,184 2007 £9,501,628 £618,560 2008 £9,663,977 £1,232,944 £975,600 2009 £9,099,184 £139,995 2010 £7,941,906 £470,167 2011 £8,025,576 £471,534 2012 £7,601,778 £293,721 2013 £8,856,000 (£63,000) 2014 £9,395,000 (£184,000) 2015 £10,108,000 £6,000 2016 £9,897,000 £68,000
- Buses to St Albans High School
- Buses to Claydon High School
- Buses to Suffolk Show 2016
- 501 – Needham Market, Stowmarket & Stowupland to Suffolk One
- 502 – Felixstowe & Trimley to Suffolk One
- 4 – Broke Hall & Bixley via Felixstowe Road
- 8 – Whitehouse & Asda via Bramford Road
- 12 – Cambridge Drive / Chantry via Railstation and Hawthorn Drive
- 15 – Pinewood, Stoke Park & Maidenhall
- 17 – Henley Road, Stratford Court
- 19 – Dale Hall via Warrington Road
- 9 / 10 – Whitton & Castle Hill via Norwich Road
- 13 – Tesco Copdock via Chantry & Pinewood
- 111 – Bildeston to Ipswich during road closure 24th October to 4th November
- 6/6A – Ipswich Central – Northgate – Rushmere – Hospital – Ravenswood – Gain
- X1/X2 & X3 – Greenwich, Gainsborough, Priory Heath & Warren Heath
- X5 – Hospital via Foxhall Road
- 92 – Suffolk One via Holbrook,Manningtree & East Bergholt
- 93 – Ipswich to Colchester via Washbrook, Gt Wenham & East Bergholt
- 94a – Ipswich to Colchester
- 98 / 202 – Ipswich to Shotley
- 14 – Chantry, Tern Road, Aster Road & Wallace Grove
- 16 Belstead Road, Halifax to Ipswich Central
- 18a Whitton, Whitehouse to Suffolk One
- 38 Free Shuttle Bus – Ipswich Central
- 111 Bildeston to Ipswich
- 173 & 174 Felixstowe to Woodbridge
Excellent service and reasonably priced. Website inaccurate and confusing at the best of times!!
Confortável e rápido, além da praticidade
More cleaning is needed
Wouldnt even give them 1 star the lack of service today is disgusting
Bus never turned up at b&m, Sign said it was closed at 8:30, had to walk to an entirely different bus stop at 8:00 . Then the driver on the X3 said it was diverted an hour ago???
I always get this service to work but on this occasion went to get bus from Tower ramparts. 1st had door shut in my face and bus was on time no delays. So i knocked got rudely let on told to hurry up and groaned at me. Then didn’t stop the bus when I wanted to get off. So had to walk further down the road to get to work. Didn’t even apologise and if I hadn’t of gone downstairs to say let me off would have kept on driving. I’ve worked customer service for years there is no need to be that rude. On the other hand all the other drivers are always a pleasure. Annoyed x5 passenger.
Very rarely are they on time, I have been taking buses near enough every day of the week for the past 6 years and I just cannot be bothered to become frustrated or annoyed anymore.
Best bus company in the United Kingdom
An excellent company, with almost without exception friendly helpful drivers. Unlike in many towns outside London, services run until 2300 in the week and also throughout the day Sunday.
We are fed up with the No 13 bus route being messed about. Before Christmas it terminated at St Matthews Street, making it very difficult to get into town. Last week we were informed it would not be going via Ellenbrook Green, fair enough at least we were informed, but, yesterday I waited for 30 minutes at the stop opposite Pin Mill Close to go to Tesco, and eventually had to walk up the hill to the stop opposite the Pinewood Surgery, no joke when you have to use a stick and cannot walk very far. How long is this interruption of our bus service going to last?
Services around central are good for turning up, but continues to become more expensive almost by the day!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.