- Activities & Social
- Civic & Community
- Crime & Safety
- Give & Lend
- Local Politics
- Lost & Found
- 1 month, 1 week ago #3642
- New Topics: 161
- Total Replies: 1
- Contributions: 162
The county’s area organiser for CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, says they can’t find a venue to host the Ipswich Beer Festival.
Nigel Smith, pictured at the event in 2015 when it was held on the practice pitch at Portman Road, said: “We haven’t got a venue at the moment, not a suitable venue.
“We’ve tried outside, and every year we’ve been outside, we’ve lost money.
“I still think the one at the football ground was superb. We did enjoy doing that but we did lose a spectacular amount of money when we ran it, so we’ve been reluctant to repeat that.”
Feel free to comment on IPSWI.1 month, 1 week ago #3647
- New Topics: 65
- Total Replies: 492
- Contributions: 557
You know something is wrong when the town has no suitable venue for a beer festival.
Ipswich Borough Council has to be too blame.
The CAMRA Ipswich Beer Festival has been going since 1983, it used to be held indoors at the Ipswich Corn Exchange. They tried outdoors at the Ipswich Waterfront but due to “differences” this was short lived. In 2015, they tried at the ITFC Practice Pitch in Portman Road.
Increased competition also…
- Beer and Folk Fest – April 28 and 29 at St Peter’s by the Waterfront.
- Maritime Beer Festival at Ipswich Waterfront – August 18 to 20
- Oktoberfest at St Peter’s by the Waterfront – September 15 and 16
- Beer and Blues Fest – October 20 and 21
- Winter Beer and Wine Fest at St Peter’s by the Waterfront – December 30 and 31
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.