Northern Bypass

Northern Bypass NBP Part 4!

This topic contains 194 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Dan 4 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Watchfull
    Watchfull
    Participant
    • New Topics: 0
    • Total Replies: 47
    • Contributions: 47

Correct me if I am wrong, but some years ago Ipswich had a good councillor who was Ipswich through and through, and would have been just the man to fight for an NBP but he gave up all together when for some reason or other the people of Ipswich did not appreciate him — did not re-elect him, — I believe his name was John Mowles, I do not know if he is still about these days but he would make a good independent candidate — and just like Dan and many others we are fed up with all the hype of the waterfront and bridges to nowhere — when will the people of Ipswich wake up to the fact that there is only one family running this town of ours? just like the House of Lords is it time for them to go — one Lord Gummer is enough two will be too many — Oh how I am longing for a Unitary Authority

#3281 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster
    • New Topics: 43
    • Total Replies: 336
    • Contributions: 379

A google search for John Mowles seems to suggest he stepped down/resign/didn’t seek re-election (Riverside View Blog).

Apparently: He wasn’t very popular for sticking up council rents “year-on-year” with intent to build more council housing. He held the Housing Portfolio for decades. (Information from a heavily biased Tory blog)

I don’t know much about him.  He seems to have had the focus of raising council tenant rents to build more council housing, whilst since it appears to be more borrowing. I found it a bizarre rant from a conservative.

#3282 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant
    • New Topics: 6
    • Total Replies: 205
    • Contributions: 211

did he not also, and this is from memory without any checking, also stand as the labour candidate in an election or two?

other than that all I know is he lived over the road from my mum and dad!

I'm really quite cross now, so watch out!

#3285 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

No, apparently he was the Ipswich Labour Party agent.

“The funniest thing was when we were campaigning together in Gainsborough the other day,” Mr Mowles told me.
    “One chap told Chris he was Labour all his life, but wouldn’t be voting for him because he had closed the airport.
    “I pointed out that it hadn’t been him that had closed the airport, it had been me!
    “The chap seemed happy about that and I think we saved the vote,” Mr Mowles said.

From 2001… http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/a_tales_of_two_moles_in_the_bi_election_1_136917

#3338 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Paul Geater is at it again!

Walk to work… (Save Money, Get Exercise and Ease Stress)

Might be worth fact checking his claims of walking to work since November’s Orwell Bridge Closure… I believe he has posted pictures from inside a vehicle since…

The Ipswich Star campaign for a Northern Bypass is long over. Geater is using SCC statistics…

#3345 Score: 0
    Watchfull
    Participant

Just like many others I use to enjoy my walk to the paper shop every day to buy my Ipswich Star — have not done it for a few months now and never will again — might do if it start sticking up for the people of Ipswich — to my way of thinking it is not on the same level as our local Church Magazine, during the war we use to cut old news papers into squares and use it for toilet paper — what a way for Geater to go especially when he keeps on about walking everywhere when he knows full well we need a NBP — if they carry on with the Northern Fringe expansion as they will do — Gummer and the SCC are intent on keeping the land gentry happy — it do not matter about the ordinary surfs — Ipswich will come to a complete standstill — I do hope that in the coming election/s these worldly so and so’s get a good kick up the backside — is it not time for the ordinary surfs to start shouting and kick these selfish and know it alls into touch.

#3347 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

just a quick update, still not had the promised update from my MP on the NBP, my original email sent 5 Feb, confirmed on 6 March by an assistant that an update was coming.. I’ll let it go two months then ask again!

#3348 Score: 0
    Watchfull
    Participant

Martin C — Frustrated!! are you sure that you are using the correct word — just like the rest of us you have been let down badly — I have the feeling that we all know why you have not had a reply — is there not an old saying — tell one untruth and you will have to tell another 100

#3350 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Ignore part of my earlier comment. For some reason I wrongly assumed he said that he walks 3 days a week and gets a lift for the other two.

Walking or cycling for 3 days a week and driving for the other two is nothing new. It is a common Labour tactic. The ex-MP for Ipswich Christopher Mole uses his bike. You may have seen him in town or East Ipswich.

I think it is a stupid token gesture sitting on the fence… either keep using your car or walk/cycle each and every day. Keep your car for longer journeys. It circumvents road planning. If you are scared of damaging the planet and feel guilty buy a small engine car, hybrid or electric.

#3378 Score: 1
    Watchfull
    Participant

I have just received letter — Ipswich Garden Suburb Supplementary Planning Document — ADOPTION STATEMENT — any person with sufficient interest must reply by the 22 June 2017 —
    I draw your attention to paragraph 4 —

(The Ipswich Garden Suburb SPD provides a guide for the coordinated development of Ipswich Garden Suburb area. The SPD sets out a vision for the Ipswich Suburb and identifies the infrastructure and strategies needed to ensure the comprehensive delivery of the development. The SPD supports policy CS10 ‘Ipswich garden Suburb’ of the 2017 Ipswich Local Plan.)

Just what is included in the infrastructure — a NBP? — they must not be allowed to get away without including it — but how do we stop them getting away with it, if a NBP is not in the plan of things? — if anyone who have not received this letter and would like a copy of it, please PM me or email me your address and I will send you a copy — post haste

Profile photo of Dan
    #3379 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll look out for that when I get home, of not got will mail you for a copy..

#3380 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

OK, here’s an update frOm Mr G, not actually read it yet, but so excited had to post!!

Now for a Northern Route

Profile photo of Dan

#3381 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

OK, quick analysis, sounds good but no mention of any times scales other than the closing paragraph..

So, having made a decision we need a new road – not just for the good of Ipswich but for Suffolk too – we must now choose a route that realises that end as quickly and positively as possible. I will push hard for that decision and then, as quickly as possible, for that decision to turn into reality.

#3382 Score: 0
    Watchfull
    Participant

Well done Martin Thanks for the imfo have read through it a couple of times very interesting indeed — am also trying to read between the lines so to speak — it might be my suspicious mind but reading it, there do seem to be one or two copouts — will have to have another good look at it and do a bit more analysing

#3385 Score: 1
    Watchfull
    Participant

Been busy of late but have now found the time to comment on BENS BLOG — I feel that he is still speaking with a forked tongue — still yapping about a Northern Route — when he knows full well we need a dual way NORTHERN BYPASS — also saying now is the time to start pushing for one — we have been debating and shouting for one for the last 18 months to two years and he knows it — he knows full well the SCC have said it will take them 15 years to sort it — Bull Shit — but with the May elections very close now it suits his plan a treat, a repeat of the past perhaps? — BG keeps on bragging about his knight Hood chasing dream the WDC/Bridges and what he have achieved for Ipswich but not the mayhem and chaos it will bring to Ipswich — you might not believe it but just wait and see — the Northern Fringe expansion is going ahead it is said that it will take 15 years to complete approximately 3500 new homes, 7000 more cars etc to contend with — where will they all go? through housing estates? or onto the Valley road (A1214)? — from Martlesham to Claydon would be ideal for Ipswich and for Felixstowe especially now they are going to pinch more of the Orwell to accommodate the second of the largest ships in the world 20.000 more containers at a time — all got to go somewhere by road — with all the expansion in Ipswich and Felixstowe taking 15 years in all to complete — now is the time for Ben Gummer and the SCC to get there fingers out and build the NBP at the same time — so no more of your crap Ben start pushing but harder and faster then the Gummers have done in the past — then you might get a Knight Hood

Profile photo of Dan
    #3388 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Ben Gummer is a Tory. His Dad stopped the Northern Bypass when all the land etc. was acquired. SCC is Tory. An election is upcoming. Although Ben Gummer did slip up mentioning a Northern Bypass, he has been generally good not using that term. The only exception is the alternative image text on the blog saying Northern Bypass Opportunities. This is masked with the link title being that of the blog title. The image name also contains the phrase bengummer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Northern-Bypass-Opportunities-754×560.jpg

A middle northern route is no good. I don’t think it will happen anyhow. The parliamentary boundaries (constituencies) are much in the Tories favour. Labour have been pushing their northern relief road to NW residents in recent times which goes from A14 to Henley Road. Although this single carriageway is not adequate it is without substance as they don’t even have the county council on side or majority control.

Ben is unlikely to get a knighthood but might get a peerage later in life after getting more senior cabinet posts. Neither makes a difference to the state of Ipswich.

#3426 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/new-report-shows-value-of-suffolk-a14-upgrade-now-demand-for-action-1-4967390

First comment…

If they spent the money on a Northern Bypass instead, all those pinch points would disappear and plus we could get around Ipswich again.

Add your comment | Report this comment
    Ted Maul

#3434 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

I hadn’t realised it until today but the Ben Gummer “Now for a Northern Route” was also published in the Ipswich Star as a BG opinion piece. Odd then give the Star’s very own alleged campaign they perhaps didn’t make more of this, at least I assume they didnt. Here it is  below in all its glory for the record.

#3438 Score: 1
    Watchfull
    Participant

Having read the link that Dan provided regarding the pinch points on the A14 I am more convinced than ever that devious Gummer was aware that this was going to be announced and was/is hoping that this would divert our attention away from our quest for a NBP — I know that Ipswich is not the A14 but we also have pinch points/ or nip points that hurt and bring this town to a near standstill — all over this town caused by problems of the A14. these surely come before anything else, a NBP perhaps — rest assured Gummer and the SCC don’t give two hoots about Ipswich or its people — we do not come into the plan of things I just hope that in the coming elections that the SCC will be well and truly massacred — Kicked out

While we are on this subject — here is something else to think about, that in a way could be linked to the above — today I received a letter from the T&C planning Act 1990 — Council Ref No 14/00638/OUTFL –Land To South of Railway Line, Westerfield road. Ipswich — if you remember the SCC objected the Northern fringe sighting infrastructure problems — then they withdrew their objections knowing full well of the need for a NBP to accommodate all the extra traffic that would ensue — according to the information in this letter there while be three entrances — one on the Westerfield road and two on the Henley road, to my mind all the traffic this will create will be taking short cuts through the Castlehill and Whitton estates — or onto the Valley Road (A1214) no other options — the SCC and Gummer are well aware of this and the need for a NBP but they do appear to want to mess Ipswich up one way or another — and we all know the reasons why — for further info go to —
    https://ppc.ipswich.gov.uk enter 14/00638/OUTFL

Profile photo of Ipswi
    #3439 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

There’s currently some quite significant work going on near Playford, and also some appears to be starting between Westerfield and Witnesham. I spotted both this weekend, and both are on what I would consider prime routes for the NBP. I am assuming its the start of work for the East Anglia ONE windfarm cable which I seem to recall was mention on Streetlife at one point. The irony is the line of this cable follows very much the inner NBP route, and is certainly very much along the line I thought would work well for the NBP as it avoids all the settlements! Also looking at the technical document for the works, its not just a single trench, its a serious piece of engineering, taking up a piece of land 55m wide! Have a look at the document here;

https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/wp-content/ipc/uploads/projects/EN010025/EN010025-000579-7.1%20Non-technical%20Summary.pdf

I think it has to be a very real concern that any NBP is going to clash with the cable, which looks like two cable trenches, and 4 further cable trenches with ducts for future use, which is going to add to the cost as the road will no doubt be cut in at points.

I will try and post some pics..

Profile photo of Ipswi

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upper Orwell Crossings (Public Consultation Comments) | Ipswich Planning Applications | Sitemap | Orwell Bridge | Northern Bypass | Popular Ipswich Topics A-Z

Original Theme (modified) by nehalist.io