Northern Bypass

Northern Bypass NBP Part 4!

This topic contains 202 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Dan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster
    • New Topics: 65
    • Total Replies: 502
    • Contributions: 567

Labour Today: Vote Labour. Gridlock Ipswich. It’s time to get our traffic moving again. Children health is threatened by the fumes (doesn’t apply to adults we are immune from air pollution). It puts people off using the buses. Businesses are held back. Ipswich residents are wasting their lives in traffic jams. Labour councillors are fighting to Build a Relief RoadGridlock Ipswich Labour Party SCC Northern Route Pollution

This was taken off their social media – not personally received it.

I think spoof newspapers and newsletters should be banned as as form of political advertising and campaigning. Unlike TV, newspapers can be biased… but really, political parties doing their own biased political “newspapers”? Pathetic.

In the last General Election, David Ellesmere was apparently quoted as calling for a “Northern Bypass”. Here its gone back to the Relief Road. Other points on alternatives and improving junctions and routes… no explanation how? Its lies. Permit scheme? Unlikely.

Invest in bus services and Park & Ride… are they planning of bailing out Ipswich Buses? They are planning (county wide) to establish a Park & Ride site in Bury St Edmunds and a possible P&R at Lowestoft; there is little point of reopening Bury Road P&R. £2m on county roads isn’t much at all.. sound good for Ipswich.

Labour is still confused, nationally they have forgotten the working class it used to represent by trying to cater for the middle class and squeezed middle to steal votes from the Tory party; locally they still expect us all to use public transport because its for the best. What next? If they ever got a significant majority will they change our capitalist society into a communist society?

#3782 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant
    • New Topics: 9
    • Total Replies: 289
    • Contributions: 298

Facebook, this afternoon…

Ben Gummer
    3 mins ·
    A good breakfast with Suffolk Chamber of Commerce at Trinity Park. I outlined my vision for Ipswich – the new bridges we will be building to remove congestion from the town centre; the new northern route across the top of the town that I have recently secured funding to design; the improved schools and better town centre.

We are seeing progress. By listening to local businesses, we can continue to grow our town’s economy and increase the number of retailers on our high street. Just this year dozens of new businesses have opened in Ipswich, ranging from new technology firms such as SETL to restaurant chains like Wagamama as well as the newly opened Empire Cinema in the Buttermarket.

Now we need to crack on to see more growth across our town.

That’s good then, funding to design is in place..  he might be overstating the case a bit here..

very angry now, don't like inappropriate censorship,

#3785 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

in fact that not true at all is it? He didn’t personally secure the funding for that initial report did he, and whatever that report is its not a “design” for a Northern Route.. this is almost as bad as some of Trump’s lies….  is this the new politics now, you just say what you want and its then true because you said it whether it is or isn’t…    I’m not liking this at all…

#3786 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

You can feel the upcoming General Election… not using the Northern Bypass terminology… it isn’t even news, we know about the initial report and the further in-depth in-the-pipelines one on the 3 identified crayon routes… neither will be a full length plan (“design”) of the specific route.

Why does he keep plugging Wagamama? I went to the one at Leicester Square once… not authentic and doesn’t taste that good.

His “we” seems to interchangeably switch between “Conservatives” and “Ipswich” collectively.

There won’t be a Northern Bypass (as things stand with Ben Gummer) so many Conservative businessmen who would have headed an proper official campaign group for the NBP, but have dropped out (or declined) due to conflicts with Suffolk Conservatives. This isn’t good for confidence. The power grab of Ipswich Vision and Greater Ipswich Partnership (including Chamber of Commerce and Ipswich Central) creates a vacuum in this space. I suppose they also don’t want to upset an senior Tory… and they are running scared with the Brexit. Doing whatever they can to keep the Tories on side to get a better deal for their business in trade negotiations… you can understand that, can be the difference between having a business and not.

We still need a Northern Bypass though…

#3788 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Watchfull
    Watchfull
    Participant
    • New Topics: 0
    • Total Replies: 61
    • Contributions: 61

What’s all this — another load of old Ben shit — I have said all along that he speaks with a forked tongue — all the more reason for us to keep pushing for a NBP and not a Northern route — have been on Nextdoor have mentioned our concerns and the need for a NBP received two hits within one hour in favour — will be mentioning our debate on here — might get one or two more to join up –the sorry thing is there are only 13 neighbours to each section

#3789 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Ben Gummer is quite an disappointment of an MP.

Next Door, just 13 people per section? Not looking too good but does give opportunities to other websites.

Anyone for semantics?

the new (1) northern route (2) across (3) the top (4) of the town (5) that I (6) have recently (7) secured (8) funding (9) to design (10)

(1) Not the old Northern Bypass route. An close to Ipswich orbital road is unlikely to have the same original path as the previous one, however, by saying new, are they discarding the merits of the original one axed at a last minutes notice by his father?

(2) He did say Northern Bypass a couple of months ago but is now back to saying “northern route”. This is either as it won’t be close enough to have any basis to be called a bypass (for Ipswich) or avoiding rocking the boat with the past case for a Northern Bypass.

(3) relatively horizontal, from one side to the other (A14 to A12)

(4) highest point or furthest away

(5) Ipswich, more to the point the borough boundaries just short of Westerfield

(6) Ben Gummer, son of a politician who axed the previous attempt at a Northern Bypass

(7) Last few months (no more than 6 months)

(8) succeeding in obtaining

(9) monies

(10) create a detailed drawing (of the road)

Together… (Vision of) Someone not too keen on a Northern Bypass succeeding recently in obtaining money to create a detailed drawing of a new road from scratch going from the A14 to A12 far away from Ipswich.

I hate to be sceptical but so many instances where politicians have shown us plans and then switched the entire project when they get implemented. If it was to be a Northern Bypass reborn he would simply say it so everyone knew what he was referring to – and can win easy votes from people who were supportive of it before.

The Northern Fringe (without public intervention) along with other developments are going to get the go ahead before 2025 to meet housing quotas, and its unlikely for improved road infrastructure in Ipswich as out of town housing wise… the last bypasses were built in the 1930s before half the estates were built with the exception of the A14 (then A45) southern bypass. Some remodelling has taken place since but pretty much the same roads. Some town centre road tweaks in the 1960 and 1980s in the town centre.

If you are a government that doesn’t care; the upper needham market to melton option would be chosen as you can easily chain housing developments off that single carriageway road to meet housing quota and boost construction statistics! Upper Orwell Crossing aims to relieve 10% of the A14 traffic which will help their case against an Ipswich Orbital.

I don’t think we should wait around to allow the obvious to happen. Ben will push for the closest route whilst the UOC Ben Bridge opens; but some professional consultancy (which is also a Tory donor) in later stages will say there is no business case for the Ipswich Orbital (the council is paying they can influence the content!) so central government won’t provide funds and will opt (if at all) for the further one to unlock further housing opportunities. They would want to separate Northern Fringe and such housing developments to disperse the vehicles.

#3790 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Ben Gummer is referring to Stage 1 of the Northern Routes Study (there is no stage 2 as far as I am aware at this stage) which hasn’t designed anything, a child has drawn 3 rough lines on a map with a crayon! I found a piece on Conservative Suffolk… (yes it is all election based).

Ipswich Conservatives are delighted with Conservative-run Suffolk County Council’s commitment to improve transport movement in the Ipswich area and to deal with existing and expected congestion.

Other ideas to improve the A14 junctions around the town are also being developed by the county council working with Highways England.

The first stage of the northern routes study has considered the transport conditions, based on current planned growth and identified highway improvements, including the Upper Orwell Crossings.

Initial routes have been identified for a potential link between the A12 and A14; and are:

an inner corridor from Martlesham to Claydon
    an middle corridor from Woodbridge to Claydon
    and an outer corridor from Melton to Needham Market.
    Ben Gummer MP has commented –

“We’ve had good news recently on the Upper Orwell Crossings.  But I promised two new routes at the last election: one across the river and one around the top of the town.  I want to update you on where we are with that second vital pledge.

“Let’s start with some simple facts.  Leaving aside the merits of a new road for a minute – and I shall return to them shortly – you have to be very, very sure you need one before you start to build.  Roads have the potential to cause the demolition of buildings, cover hundreds of acres in tarmac, eat up farmland, put natural habitats at risk, divide communities and cause significant, unpleasant noise.  So if a new road is proposed, the first question you need to ask is “is it absolutely necessary?”  If the answer to that question is “yes”, then your second question must always be: “how can we build this road so that it does the least damage possible?”

“So, how does this apply to a new road around the top of the town.  Each of us knows about the increase in congestion around the north of the town, and when the Orwell Bridge is shut the town comes to a halt.  These are strong arguments on their own but what is stronger still is the prospect of growth: if the town is to expand, which is surely will in the years ahead – and not by a little but by a great deal – then we simply cannot do that without new infrastructure.

“I came to this conclusion shortly after I was elected in 2010, when the scale of the Northern Fringe and what followed it became clear.  At the time, both councils refused to think about a new road – frightened, I suppose, by what it would entail.  I didn’t feel we could dodge the question, however, which is why I lobbied them hard to get the planning process started.  In 2015 they agreed and commissioned an outline route survey, the simple results of which are shown in the picture.

“We are now in the process of discovering which route to choose.  Given that the report already indicates that the ‘Lower’ and ‘Middle’ routes are the best, I believe we have a simple choice: which one can be delivered most quickly, with least pain and damage to the communities and habitats it will affect.

“This will clearly be a difficult discussion for those people who live and own land to the north of Ipswich.  We must all be sensitive to that.  But we should also be straight about what would happen if we do not build.  Their villages and country lanes will become increasingly clogged with rat-running traffic, creating precisely the nuisance that they fear from a new road.

“But as the report makes quite clear, the effect would be even worse on Ipswich.  Given that it is our county town that is the largest engine of jobs, prosperity and opportunity in the county, stifling that growth would also have the effect of limiting the opportunities and prosperity of the villages and market towns too.  For if the county wants the school, college and university places, the careers, the parks and museums, the shops and restaurants, the cinemas and the theatres, that Ipswich already provides and will do so much more of in the years to come, then Ipswich must be helped to prosper and grow.

“More than that, if we are to have the new houses that people need, the starter homes that will mean that everyone has the chance of having a place of their own, then we need to build.  And if those homes are not built around Ipswich, then they will be by the hundred in the same villages and by the thousands in the same market towns that are seeking to protect themselves from excessive growth.

“So, having made a decision we need a new road – not just for the good of Ipswich but for Suffolk too – we must now choose a route that realises that end as quickly and positively as possible.  I will push hard for that decision and then, as quickly as possible, for that decision to turn into reality.”

Only a Conservative County Council working with our Conservative MPs and Conservative councillors can be trusted to deliver on this long-term project  – Labour , supported by Liberal Democrats, would put it all at risk with their dangerous plans to spend all the Council’s reserves leaving no money for all the essential services and investment the town and County need.

A lot of waffle. I wanted clear precise information on the second promise (“northern route”)… but it is as indecisive as a Paul Geater opinion piece.

#3791 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

I have correspondence from Mr G asking SCC on my behalf what’s happening with the stage 2 study, letter  to J Finch, dated 5 April 17. I have had no response so far from SCC nor any follow up from BG. So, no, he had no idea less than a month ago what was happening next. It seemed strange to me given that the NR is part of his previous election pledge that he was not fully aware of terms and conditions and programme for the NBP/NR stage two study, which I think should have been clear at the time the three crayon routes were published.  So can we conclude that nothing at all is happening, despite the rhetoric from BG published yesterday as my post above?

#3792 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Watchfull
    Watchfull
    Participant
    • New Topics: 0
    • Total Replies: 61
    • Contributions: 61

You have ever right to assume that nothing is happening — the more that they can keep the likes of JOE public confused the better — I would not mind betting that our quest for a NBP will get pushed as far back as they possibly can — or we will end up with some kind of short Northern road/route in the hopes of keeping us happy they are all crafty and devious — and certainly capable of telling untruths — of course I am referring to the Northern Fringe Build (NFB) which will need a dual carriageway NBP and which should be constructed at the same time as the NFB These politicians think they know it all — listen to JOE public for once — our quest is not just for Ipswich but includes the container port of Felixstowe one of the main import and export ports in the country — I am getting tired of repeating myself on this one — but after all that’s the privilege of getting old — NO NBP NO NFB — BUILD THE TWO AT THE SAME TIME — OR NOT AT ALL

#3793 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

SCC is Tory-led and an county election coming up… you won’t receive anything until after the county elections… and would it be wrong to assume, a delay based upon the General Election also?

This is down to you as an individual (but not personally you) not being important enough for the local authority (compared to someone like Ben Gummer who was very important even as a parliamentary candidate, no actual difference than you or me) and with the internet (including social media) they are worried about the news being spread (if any).

I have spent a long amount of time this week hunting for any information on a stage 2 study (including SCC minutes including DCC, Scrutiny, Cabinet and County Council committees). So without the funding from somewhere, there is no Stage 2.

Stage 1 refers to 2031 (compared to traffic models of current traffic at 2011; 20 year comparison); so without any real substance to such an assumption, with a potential project start date of 2031, I think Stage 2 will be around 2021… unlikely before end of 2018 and not in 2017.

#3794 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

On exploring the information I came across the conclusion that the Northern Route and Northern Relief Road are Tory and Labour terms for the same. Both Ben Gummer and David Ellesmere have (but rarely) dropped the term “Northern Bypass” whilst typically using the other term primarily. Whoever wins control of Suffolk County Council, will race to build the A14 to Henley Road link… which could be better described as “North West Ipswich Bypass“. Despite such a more honest name for it, the Northern Fringe will most definitely cause further congestion in NW Ipswich and on the old A1214 Ipswich Bypass.

The following are snippets from a Suffolk Chamber (hosted at least) presentation

The first stage of the northern routes study has considered the
    transport conditions across the wider Ipswich area both now and
    in 2031, based on current planned growth and identified highway
    improvements, including the Upper Orwell Crossings.

Unfortunately they are inclusive of a road they haven’t yet built or know how affective it will be.

Some phrases are rather alarming

“Varying lengths of a ‘Northern Relief Road’ highways scheme,
    (identified in combination with consideration of improvement options to
    the existing highway network)”

“Public transport bus improvements”

“Rail improvements and achieving a more efficient use of current rail
    infrastructure”

For me this drops the hint that to speed up development of such a road they will approach it with the attitude of a full A14 to A12 link (i.e. Northern Bypass) being a possible future prospect which is unlikely to happen. They want to create new bus routes to the Northern Fringe developments despite most of the homes having 2 cars… they need to knock that idea on the head. The people affording those homes whether cash or mortgage are having the means to own their own car or at least drive one through an HP agreement. The rail improvement… links in with the Westerfield rail station not far from the housing development (well north eastern end at least). This would pre-emptively end the need for any future addition to such a road.

“The Outer Route Corridor provides more of strategic benefit but
    provides less benefit to reducing congestion within Ipswich. “

Without a doubt, the Outer Route Corridor is the favoured route but won’t do anything to help Ipswich.

” Highway options for consideration in the next stage of the study include:
    ƒ single and dual carriageway roads, potentially with a strategic function to relieve the A14;
    ƒ full relief road primarily to serve local traffic demand; partial relief roads to connect areas of potential development to the main road network;
    ƒ and local distributor roads to spread traffic across the network.”

The Upper Orwell Crossings is to relief the A14(Ten-T) from 10% of its traffic. A Northern Relief Road will achieve similar, dumping lorries and cars through Ipswich’s oversubscribed road network.

“The next stage of study will examine route options in more detail, including traffic, economic and environmental

I am sure the environmental aspect will be too much and they won’t be able to justify a full east to west road: if the Northern Fringe is being developed anyway without such a road, you could easily argue it doesn’t benefit the local (Ipswich) economy much and won’t achieve anywhere as near as the £6bn pie-in-the-sky figure of the Wet Dock Crossing/Upper Orwell Crossings.

#3796 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ipswi
    Ipswi
    Keymaster
    • New Topics: 85
    • Total Replies: 191
    • Contributions: 276

The communication I have had with Cllr Finch is poor.

We tried to get in on the Park & Ride discussion. He (and SCC) were far from helpful. Sent a letter and an email on two different matters. If I recall correctly, the letter was addressed to him and the email was to someone else that got forwarded on to him. One he refused to deal with and the other was far from helpful… he threatened against me organising a P&R survey; has the hallmarks of some incentive for him as as the time the MD who later left Ipswich Buses was in favour if SCC allowed it. Surprise, surprise, another company got the contract.. outside a tender process… and First’s original P&R contract was said to have been awarded under suspicious circumstances.

I chased up Mr Finch why I hadn’t had a response, they claimed they sent it… they phoned up trying to verbally communicate the contents with me rather than just post it out again.

This said, David Ellesmere still hasn’t responded to our Orwell Bridge/Northern Bypass letter sent back in November. In January he had confirmed he had received it. In fact, he hasn’t responded to most matters except to confirm Ipswich Buses aren’t in dire straights…

#3799 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

2031 regional forecast of 254,130 cars… I say regional it includes just most of Suffolk.Northern Bypass Ipswich Resident Car Ownership Usage

Looking at just the Ipswich borough just over 80,000 cars, so lets assume 60,000 cars use the Greater Ipswich road network in just one peak period per week…

#3822 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

and three daYs ago BG put this on his Instagram account….

nice photo of a dual carriage waY there, just what we want….

so he is pushing the council for stage 2 then….

#3823 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Nope, there is an election coming up next month (county elections) and a General Election the following month. Gummer knows he has 10 weeks before anything could possibly get done in government (such as SCC Cabinet meetings are quarterly), plenty of time to get re-elected and keep the Tory majority at the county council.

I urge anyone not to be fooled by some really dishonest claim. The photo looks like the A14 with the Shell petrol station on the left. Nothing on his twitter or facebook saying the same… the same goes with his website. Why not? Ben appears to be using old maps.

This is border-line fraudulent as you know Suffolk County Council has done the Stage 2 study right? Just they aren’t going to publish it for 3 years or so. It is pathetic. Actually, from the way I understand it after researching it for so much this week, there has been no funding obtained or assigned for the Stage 2, let alone the Stage 2 being worked on by WSP or it being published to the public. It took over 6 months for the Stage 1 study, the Stage 2 should be a 12 month study.

A snippet from his website…

We’ve had good news recently on the Upper Orwell Crossings.  But I promised two new routes at the last election: one across the river and one around the top of the town.  I want to update you on where we are with that second vital pledge.

Let’s start with some simple facts.  Leaving aside the merits of a new road for a minute – and I shall return to them shortly – you have to be very, very sure you need one before you start to build.  Roads have the potential to cause the demolition of buildings, cover hundreds of acres in tarmac, eat up farmland, put natural habitats at risk, divide communities and cause significant, unpleasant noise.  So if a new road is proposed, the first question you need to ask is “is it absolutely necessary?”  If the answer to that question is “yes”, then your second question must always be: “how can we build this road so that it does the least damage possible?”

So, how does this apply to a new road around the top of the town.  Each of us knows about the increase in congestion around the north of the town, and when the Orwell Bridge is shut the town comes to a halt.  These are strong arguments on their own but what is stronger still is the prospect of growth: if the town is to expand, which is surely will in the years ahead – and not by a little but by a great deal – then we simply cannot do that without new infrastructure.

I came to this conclusion shortly after I was elected in 2010, when the scale of the Northern Fringe and what followed it became clear.  At the time, both councils refused to think about a new road – frightened, I suppose, by what it would entail.  I didn’t feel we could dodge the question, however, which is why I lobbied them hard to get the planning process started.  In 2015 they agreed and commissioned an outline route survey,

I don’t think this is remotely true. A Northern Bypass had all the land and plans from the past, ready to start work… Ben’s dad pulled it. I don’t know for sure (apart from the old plan of making Ipswich into a city “new town” shortly after the war) but there probably had been no significant plans for housing on the “Northern Fringe” at the time the Northern Bypass was proposed and perhaps at the time it was about to be constructed.

Furthermore, a Northern Bypass has been mentioned in various studies since then such as the Haven Gateway Study of 2007 (northern bypass phrase was mentioned 45 times in the report).

And in the long term the assessment concluded that A14 junction closures may be
    necessary, a new station at Martlesham could be provided and the potential for an Ipswich
    northern bypass of local or strategic nature could be beneficial.

IR42  Ipswich Northern Bypass – local  connection from A14 west to A12 east Functioning as local distributor with multiple access points Suffolk Development Agency

4.21 Ipswich Northern bypass is thought to provide a lot of answers; it would relieve Copdock, and relieve Orwell Bridge. This should be the first measure that is put in place as it would make everything else unnecessary.

SCC undertook a route design and public consultation
    in 1995 (following inclusion of Northern Bypass in
    Ipswich Transport Strategy 1991) The Northern
    Bypass was then removed from the SCC ‘Structure
    Plan’ following a direction by the Secretary of State
    and was therefore not included in the Ipswich ‘Local
    Plan’ in 1997. SCC abandoned the scheme following
    appraisal and consultation (SCC Transport
    Committee 13 Oct 1998 – Paper Z420)

There has been no detailed investigation into an Ipswich Northern Bypass since it was abandoned in 1998.

I dislike politicians trying to make it their own… for a long time the Wet Dock Crossing and Northern Bypass has been on the agenda… it just takes that long for things to happen! This is the priority list in that report…

1. Road pricing
    2. Transport fit for the 21st Century (Travel Ipswich)
    3. Peterborough – Nuneaton upgrade
    4. Widen Orwell Bridge
    5. Wet Dock Crossing (Upper Orwell Crossing)
    6. Orwell Tunnel
    7. Northern Bypass
    8. Demand Management
    9. Lorry Lanes on A14
    10. New station for Northern Fringe

Of course, not all options would be pursued.

Ben just comes across the wrong way. Both councils were greatly aware of plans for a Northern Bypass before he came along in 2010. There is partial truth… IBC wanted to avoid building a road for the Northern Fringe but nothing concrete yet and the housing build will go ahead before the road infrastructure is in place. We are currently talking about a single carriageway from A14 to Henley Road for both political parties. Anyone thinking Ben is fighting for a dual carriageway like the A14 to be built north of the town is ridiculous!

The last time I saw Ben was in a photo with a needle in his arm…

#3839 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Martin was kind enough to post a copy of Ben’s bulletin to Ben Gummer Vision 2020 topic. I haven’t received it at current.

No mention of Northern Route for the first pledge. Therefore, Ben not interested in a Northern Bypass?

#3862 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

According to a Tory blog (“East Anglia’s Premier Political Blog”) UKIP candidate Alan Cotterell standing in the county elections is pro-Unitary Authority and wants a Northern Bypass with the Upper Orwell Crossings being scrapped. Unfortunately, as a county councillor – if elected – there is very little he could realistically do to achieve any of this. The latter two requires central government involvement. So does a Unitary Authority, however, the more councillors who support such a change the better…

I was a bit surprised the blogger claimed that Ipswich Conservatives were in favour of an Ipswich Unitary Authority… cannot be the case with Mark Ling of Orwell Ahead pressing the issue in the county elections with two other candidates under the umbrella Reform Suffolk. Since the last failed unitary authority bid, it has been all quiet on that front despite Conservative control at the county council and a Tory MP.

#3882 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Labour Candidate Sandy Martin is reported to be pro-Northern Bypass.

Ipswich Star:

He is unconvinced by the arguments for a new large bridge linking the east and west banks of the River Orwell – but backs proposals for new bridges to allow the development of the island site at the Waterfront.

And he feels the best way of easing traffic in the town centre would be to build the long-awaited northern by-pass.

Mr Gummer congratulated Mr Martin on his selection and said he was looking forward to the campaign ahead.

Ipswich Labour:

Sandy needs no introduction to most people in Ipswich, as he has served as a councillor in our town for 20 years exactly, having been first declared elected on Friday 2nd May 1997, following the election held on 1st May 1997.

Throughout that time, Sandy has represented St John’s division on Suffolk County Council, and is one of the best known councillors in our town. Sandy also served from 2002 to 2014 as borough councillor for St John’s ward.

I will research to see whether he has previous said anything about a NBP.

#3885 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Had a quick search of Ipswich Star, Ipswich Borough Council and Suffolk County Council websites through Google and cannot find anything linking Sandy Martin to the phrase “Northern Bypass”. I will try again later in the week. It is thoroughly possible he used another term.

#3886 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant

Ben Gummer has reafirmed his commitment to the NBP in a Facebook post this afternoon. When I’m on a PC I’ll post it here… His message is not consistent is it.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upper Orwell Crossings (Public Consultation Comments) | Ipswich Planning Applications | Sitemap | Orwell Bridge | Northern Bypass | Popular Ipswich Topics A-Z

Original Theme (modified) by nehalist.io