Northern Bypass

Northern Bypass for Ipswich

This topic contains 561 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Watchfull (Streetlife) Watchfull (Streetlife) 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 561 through 562 (of 562 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SL_MassR
    Mass R
    Participant
    • New Topics: 0
    • Total Replies: 50
    • Contributions: 50

I went to the Headlam group consultation on the proposed distribution centre behind B&Q. Look to be a reputable company who are investing a lot of money in this new facility and hopefully will employ many people from NW Ipswich. They are fully aware of the traffic concerns we have and their vehicles will use the A14 and A12 going north and south from the ASDA roundabout, except for any deliveries to Ipswich retailers.

#2646 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant
    • New Topics: 0
    • Total Replies: 218
    • Contributions: 218

I to went to the Headlam group consultation and I agree 100% with what Mass R have said– I was lucky enough to have a chat with the gentleman who will be managing this new warehouse– I did ask him why the HG was not interested in the B&Q site– he was good enough to show me the plans of the purpose built warehouse and I could why the B&Q site was not suitable– He then said that they would be employing about 80 people– there would be about 18 vehicles of all shapes and sizes loaded up of a night ready for delivering the next day– they will be delivering all over Norfolk and Suffolk– ofcourse there would be other vehicle movement during the day– after all what go’s out must come in– I mentioned to him our quest for a NBP and to my surprise he had heard all about it– he wished us well– and we both agreed that we would have to cross that bridge when we came to it–Just like we have for the past twenty years–

Viewing 2 posts - 561 through 562 (of 562 total)

The topic ‘Northern Bypass for Ipswich’ is closed to new replies.

Upper Orwell Crossings (Public Consultation Comments) | Ipswich Planning Applications | Sitemap | Orwell Bridge | Northern Bypass | Popular Ipswich Topics A-Z

Original Theme (modified) by nehalist.io