Northern Bypass

Northern Bypass for Ipswich

This topic contains 561 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Watchfull (Streetlife) Watchfull (Streetlife) 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 562 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SL_JohnT
    John T
    Participant
    • New Topics: 0
    • Total Replies: 7
    • Contributions: 7

#2626 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant
    • Total Replies: 218
    • Contributions: 218

Thanks John T the link you have give on here is the one–I have tried it twice and it works– just shows how thick I am– it shows the leaflet perfect– still cannot understand why other people in the NW of Ipswich did not receive one–

#2627 Score: 0
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant

Mass R  Will you be at the   NWAC meeting on the 14th July?

#2628 Score: 0
    Profile photo of SL_MassR
    Mass R
    Participant
    • Total Replies: 50
    • Contributions: 50

All being well, yes I’ll be there

#2629 Score: 0
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant

Hi Mass R   had we had a bit more of a notice  We might have been able to get your question on the agenda– if we are able to talk about you will have my backing–

#2630 Score: 0
    Profile photo of SL_JohnT
    John T
    Participant
    • Total Replies: 7
    • Contributions: 7

This link hopefully takes people to the Crest application.

https://goo.gl/DNyOJB

#2631 Score: 0
    Mass R
    Participant

I hear there is to be an ‘information session’ on the Crest Nicholson planning application, hosted by IBC at Grafton House and selected representatives of groups have been invited. There will be a presentation by planners and a question and answer session.  Will this also come to the July North West Area Committee meeting? Kathy have you been able to find out if it is on the agenda?

#2632 Score: 0
    Profile photo of SL_KathyBole
    Kathy Bole
    Participant
    • Total Replies: 29
    • Contributions: 29

Mass R, I spoke to some people at IBC who should be in the know and there is no plan by planning to take a presentation around to the area committees. If Crest Nicholson want to consult about their planning application, they could request to present at the area committee. They have not asked to do so. Hope this helps. If you wish to comment on the application, you will need to write in to planning and let your feelings be known.

#2633 Score: 0
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant

If there is going to be an imformation session– where ever– then ofcourse it should be on the agenda at the next NWAC meeting that will be held on the 14th July  after all this committee is supposed to be all about the community– having said that I have not received my copy of the agenda as promised– Hugh Whittall or Erion Xhaferaj or may be both should be at that meeting– is it possible that you could have a chat to them– to get my quesion put onto the agenda– I got in touch with– [email protected]

#2634 Score: 0
    Kathy Bole
    Participant

I know that he was speaking with those on the committee. We should find out shortly.

#2635 Score: 0
    Mass R
    Participant

Yes I agree Watchfull.  If you read what Area Committees are about and why they were set up in the first place, it says ‘to bring decision making closer to residents’ or something similar.  The website says “Area Committees give you the chance to influence Council decision making, share your opinion and contribute to positive changes in your neighbourhood. As a resident of Ipswich, this is your opportunity to say what you would like to see improved”.  This application is the start of probably the biggest development Ipswich will see and will have a great impact on existing communities .Although all residents have the opportunity to comment on the application on the website, it is a minefield of information for the average person to digest. If area committees are not fulfilling that purpose in answering questions residents may have on such an important subject, why are they there at all.  fyi the agenda is normally available 7 days before the meeting but as Kathy has indicated no one will attend from Planning it looks as if the application will not be mentioned.  Poor show!

#2636 Score: 0
    Kathy Bole
    Participant

I don’t think that is quite fair. There is a programme of issues already on tap for the 14th. The committee needs to hear from folk to know what you, the residents want to know about. You can email the committee. The reason that Planning isn’t attending is that they do not do a road show at the various points in a normal planning application. The application just went in last week. Maybe if you ask the question at the next meeting, they might be able to arrange something with the contractor. I don’t know, as I am not on the committee per se. It costs quite a lot to do one of those road shows and they did do several for this development already.

#2637 Score: 0
    Mass R
    Participant

OK Kathy that’s your view but this is not ‘a normal planning application’ it is a very big one!  and it will have a great effect on North West Ipswich particularly regarding increased traffic.  How much would it cost in addition to what the council tax payer already pays to support Area Committees, to have someone from planning to answer any questions the public may have?

#2638 Score: 0
    Kathy Bole
    Participant

Yes, but you do have to give the committee time to organise a talk. You would have to agree with that. Has anyone actually asked the committee?

#2639 Score: 0
    Mass R
    Participant

Sorry I have no idea.  I only knew about the Grafton House presentation on the 14th through a friend.

#2640 Score: 0
    Kathy Bole
    Participant

I think they are now aware, by they, I mean the committee. Let’s see what they come up with.

#2641 Score: 0
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant

All the more reason to keep pushing for the NBP– People on Whitton and Castle Hill dont know what is coming to them– more so the people of Castle Hill.
    Just been reading– Application No 16/00608/OUT– Land North of Railway Line And East of Henley Road.
    There will be 2No vehicular accesses from Henley Gate onto the Henley Road– and 1No vehicular access to serve the Country park only– this has obviously been done to protect Westerfield with out a NBP Defoe road will become the biggest rat run ever– this will effect Whitton also Byron road is already a rat run for a short cut to the Bury/Norwich road– these kind of things must and should be brought up at the NWAC meetings–

#2642 Score: 0
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant

Dont forget the Headlam Group plc Public– Consultation Event being held at the Whitton Sports & Community Centre– Whitton Church Lane tomorrow the 7th July– between 1pm & 8pm– 
    125-000 sqft of warehouse space plus 20-000 sqft of office space– distribution centre– this kind of concern will be using alot of transport including large lorrys– probably needing to use the A14– which route will they take if the Orwell Bridge have to close down- at any time– why can not people see that NBP is wanted now– sooner than later– what with B&Q closing down Ipswich needs such a concerns to put back jobs etc into the town– so I say give them a better chance to do their work, and help them and us by building that NBP. its in the lap of the gods that sit on the SCC– but then again they dont seem to want and see Ipswich improve–

#2643 Score: 0
    Mass R
    Participant

Well as suspected there is nothing on the NW Area Committee agenda regarding the Northern Fringe planning application but there is a item regarding the Cornhill consultation which I guess IBC think is more important to the residents of NW Ipswich than what is going on in their own area.

#2644 Score: 0
    Watchfull (Streetlife)
    Participant

Mass R the question that is on the agenda touches very much on th Northern Fringe– more so if they let me read out the introduction to my question if they dont it will make me wonder what the NWAC is all about–

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 562 total)

The topic ‘Northern Bypass for Ipswich’ is closed to new replies.

Upper Orwell Crossings (Public Consultation Comments) | Ipswich Planning Applications | Sitemap | Orwell Bridge | Northern Bypass | Popular Ipswich Topics A-Z

Original Theme (modified) by nehalist.io