Northern Bypass

Ipswich Northern Bypass NBP Part 5

This topic contains 33 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Watchfull Watchfull 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Watchfull
    Watchfull
    Participant
    • New Topics: 0
    • Total Replies: 59
    • Contributions: 59

I did get an invitation to join the battle bus but owing to circumstances could not make it — brown off about that — Dan have emailed you twice but each time its failed???

#4083 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster
    • New Topics: 64
    • Total Replies: 478
    • Contributions: 542

I had intended to go but I am not too disappointed, I wouldn’t have received air time. You had the election candidates, a junior doctor, an independent shop keeper, someone from the market (market trader), someone from ISCRE, the cycle cafe owner, someone talking about disabilities who spoke to them 7 years ago… and Ipswich Central CEO popped in to talk, from memory that is all. Quite a good selection to be fair but too much pre-vetting (everyone interviewed was invited), so none of the crowd got to vox pop. (Obviously, it could be recorded snippets put together in one chunk rather than live to give them that control)

Would have been completely pointless if I went down and Mark Murphy seemed a bit pissed off at my tweeting, might have punched me in person haha

( Looking into the email situation. )

Sandy Martin wants to divert the Upper Orwell Crossing funding for a northern road… probably not a bypass but wants to stop the vanity bridge which I am in favour for.

#4096 Score: 0
    Watchfull
    Participant

Received a letter today from the conservatory party as I suppose many others have – Theresa May asking me to support her and Dr Dan Poulter in the forthcoming election. Although I am one of those that want out of the EU. On principle, I cannot vote for Dan Poulter he cares very little for the needs of Ipswich and no way will he support our need for a NBP what it boils down to is — the conservative controlled SCC and the Gummer family and Dan Poulter think more of central Suffolk than they do of Ipswich

#4097 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

They seem to have sent everyone in the country the same template letter where your name and the candidate is mentioned numerous times. Annoying that I will need to shred mine instead of sticking it in the blue bin.

You don’t need to vote Tory – it was UKIP (Tory pressure group) with a very poor record of MPs that forced the issued to get the referendum (to be fair it was Cameron who did this EU Referendum out of spite as the EU wouldn’t budge when he went over trying to negotiate better terms) and all the Strong and Stable Leadership consists of many people who wanted to Remain, rather than Leave. Changing your stance after 6 months is neither strong or stable. Weak and unstable!

The problem with your constituency is it it split between rural and urban – it doesn’t work and should have never been formed. So it is difficult to get a good number of votes for a candidate which supports Ipswich (well it is in the Ipswich constituency!) Dr Dan isn’t all too bad but you are right rural always come first and he won’t be supporting a Northern Bypass.

#4104 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant
    • New Topics: 9
    • Total Replies: 274
    • Contributions: 283

You need to go up the Westerfield Road and see what’s happening just North of the village now theY have started the works for the wind farm cable! The have cleared a massive wide strip of land just to the East of the road which stretches off into the distance.  It really does look like theY are building a new road, it’s certainly wide enough.and as we’ve checked out before follows an almost perfect Northern BYpass route… oh the ironY of it..

very angry now, don't like inappropriate censorship,

#4105 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

It really frustrates me… if I remember from the image, they will build an service road which can fit two lorries/dumper trucks side by side but the actual width from one side to the other could comfortable fit a dual carriageway Northern Bypass.

It is being done for current and future increases of wind farm electric cabling… if they can build the infrastructure for in reality a very small percentage of the national grid electricity, why no Northern Bypass? Furthermore, why has there been very little objection? It is quite a big project.

#4111 Score: 0
    Watchfull
    Participant

You are not the only one that is frustrated — Martin brought this very subject up many weeks ago — many of us knew about it long before the first spade had been stuck in the ground — and so did the SCC and the Gummers — as you have it is almost identical to where the NBP could have gone — you cannot tell me that the SCC was not aware of this, of course, they were — they obviously turned a blind eye of taking the opportunity to incorporate the constructing of the two together — another case of fork tounges and sod Ipswich once again — The more I write on here the more worried I get — that I might say something out of place — but at least I speak my mind and the truth

#4113 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

It would have been a sensible project for the Northern Bypass and windfarm cables side-by-side. Of course, when new cables are installed the entire road needs to be closed – probably one carriageway direction at a time for it to be installed, but it is a minor inconvenience compared to the current traffic problems in the town.

What really frustrates me the most is Ipswich doesn’t have traffic problems yet… I mean, the roads are the same, but with these big housing projects including in the town centre/Ipswich Waterfront as well as Northern Fringe, Adastral Park, and Wolsey Grange etc. the cars just have nowhere to go. This is damaging to the economy. So the inconvenience of taking double the time to get to and from work… annoying and expensive for workers. The pollution caused is damaging to our children, young people, adults and elderly… this will cost the NHS more, prevention against poor air quality is key.

This is worse when Felixstowe’s HGV traffic is coming through Ipswich streets, totally unacceptable. We keep getting politicians arguing that lorries via the A12 from London won’t be practical diverting round the top of Ipswich… but most this lorry traffic is A14… Midlands to Felixstowe, so instead of that traffic coming through down past Whitehouse, Sproughton and past Copdock and over the bridge, a Northern Bypass allows them an alternative path.

The detrunked A12 to the east of Ipswich is a bad section of road but would be improved over time. The importance of our ports (airports and docks) are crucial with brexit (slightly dishonest sorry, they have always been critical to the nation’s economy which is why I was surprised none were mention in the Tory manifesto!) – I don’t really understand the disrespect Felixstowe has received. Although I don’t doubt this is a Suffolk thing. Biggest port and no motorway in the county. This old rhetoric is nothing… the Felixstowe stretch of the A14 is even worse. The alternative (which I don’t mind as consumers don’t receive a discount or increase whether goods come in from Felixstowe, London or Liverpool etc) is to shut down the Port of Felixstowe… despite all the investment put in over the years and lost jobs.  They say use it or lose it… invest in the industry, or lose it…

#4123 Score: 1
    Watchfull
    Participant

Have just received my postal vote —
    Hughes — Lab name and address supplied
    Scot — Green party name and address supplied
    Searle — Ukip name and address supplied
    Van DE Weyer — Lib name and address supplied
    Dan Poulter — Con No name and address supplied? as such but do have this — Central Suffolk & North Ipswich Constituency — only one of these live in Ipswich — one live in Great Bealings — one live in Stowmarket and one in Cambridgeshire — I as a voter am only interested in all things Ipswich — perhaps you can see my dilemma — I myself want out of the EU — only my opinion — that leaves me one option vote for DP — this is the man who does not answer or reply to any emails that I have sent him — he certainly do not want an NBP — I might not even vote — but would that help or hinder?

Profile photo of Dan
    #4131 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

Sorry, I lost this tab I had open. I voted up then went on another browser tab and lost track.

I am thoroughly confused as I thought the candidates had to disclose their address and such address is where they are registered to vote.

Ben Gummer address isn’t supplied but a note saying it is in CS&NI constituency. Can Ben stop saying “our Town”?

Suffolk Conservatives will do everything they can to stop a Northern Bypass being built. Sandy Martin for Labour wants it (or something to that description). Ben Gummer hints the Northern Bypass will come after the bridge. Not true.

#4133 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mart
    Mart
    Participant
    • New Topics: 9
    • Total Replies: 274
    • Contributions: 283

Watchful, You have a dilemma then. But a vote for the man who is totallY against the NBP and can’t replY to anY emails!!!??? At least BenG does do that, even if it is often these daYs from a minion putting You on hold for a few months. Perhaps an email to all of them, and ask then what theY think of the NBP plans. I suspect bY the look of some of them theY won’t have the foggiest idea what You’re on about…

very angry now, don't like inappropriate censorship,

#4136 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Keymaster

It really annoys me. Why should Watchful be voting for another batch of candidates in another constituency when he is in the same borough as me!?

He has to put up with the same council which collects Council Tax from residents in the borough, share the same hospital, the same town centre, the same roads… and generally speaking share the same issues and concerns. Completely different to the rural concerns of approx half of his constituency he is put into.

I know the system has a maximum number of people represented to one MP/constituency. Ipswich historically had TWO representatives… and this was way back before any of the suburbs/council estates were built. So we have grown quite considerably in size but are under represented. The Conservatives deliberately did the boundary changes to make it easier for them and to break the Labour dominance of the town.

With the new housing planned for the town they need to reconsider boundaries again…

Both Tories live in CS&NI constituency so I consider the disagreement between the two MPs a few months ago as entirely staged.

#4143 Score: 0
    Watchfull
    Participant

Dan I brought up all of the very same points that you have done in our previous debates part 1 or part 2 I am Ipswich born and bread and like you have said pay my dues to IBC — everything — but they have the cheek to put a Candidate forward that do not have the slightest intention of carrying the will of Ipswich people — but what can be done to have the boundaries put back to where they were — will the so-called Northern fringe build come under the IBC or NW Ipswich?

#4144 Score: 0
    Watchfull
    Participant

Mart — your post have given me something to think about — might just do that — I wonder if TM the PM would answer an email on the subject of an NBP for Ipswich

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upper Orwell Crossings (Public Consultation Comments) | Ipswich Planning Applications | Sitemap | Orwell Bridge | Northern Bypass | Popular Ipswich Topics A-Z

Original Theme (modified) by nehalist.io