Ipswich Star Who won the final of The Apprentice?

Discussion in 'Latest Ipswich News' started by newsbot, Dec 17, 2017.

1. newsbot

newsbotMember

Who won the final of The Apprentice?.
    James and Sarah were the final contestants left standing but who became business partners with Lord Sugar?

Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

From Ipswich? Join the Ipswich Community today!

Get involved in the online Ipswich Community to enter our competition to win £250.
    We would love to hear your views on this topic. Read the T&Cs.

• Common discussions include the economy, local politics, Northern Bypass, unitary authority, homelessness, Upper Orwell Crossings, crime, and potholes.
    • Comment on Ipswich Star news articles without strict moderation

2. Loading...

3. dan5

dan5Founder MemberStaff Member

I didn't know it was on... lol

4. martinc

martincFounder Member

gave up on it several series ago, just a very tawdry game show now, that makes fun of the generally dysfunctional so called business experts who decide to compete. Don't really like shows that take the p**s out of people...

5. dan5

dan5Founder MemberStaff Member

Yeah, it makes a whole mockery of the show itself. For example, why not choose stronger candidates?! I think to stand a chance of being on the show you need to make two critical errors... 1) on your CV and 2) in your business plan. Basically setting yourself up to fail later on in the competition.

This said, it appears to be the concept of TV. Entertainment only, add a level of comedy to everything... the BBC goes over the top with awful puns on most programmes which doesn't add or improve it. Dragons Den also moved towards showcasing the most stupid people rather than highlighting talent. You can really tell who applied as a complete fruitcake and those who the producers had invited on to the show! Peter Jones tried something a bit more serious on ITV which flopped.

It just annoys me when everything has to be over simplified. I am sure it won't appeal to most people but when you have so many channels... not to mention you can put it on at a less prime time slot... have something which can educate people a little. Budgeting etc. isn't taught in schools - never has been (or so I understand it) - I get fed up of all the shows which talk about profits... especially auction based, ignoring commission and cost of fuel (more applicable when road trip or going to a far away auction!) lol.

I know various shows had changed slightly due to such criticism but still rather pointless. This said, most programmes appear to be quiz/trivia game shows... I am not strong at maths but if so many people watch programmes with such quiz elements then I cannot see why more transparency regarding money would be such a problem. It isn't as if people at home watching need to work it out on a calculator, just like you don't have to guess the answer to questions, by just waiting until you hear the answer. Food for thought?

More like this

Title
RepliesViews
Last Message
  1. dan5

Driver of Alpha Romeo found in ditch beside A1071 near Hintlesham Hall still unaccounted for

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 22, 2018 at 6:13 PM with 3 replies and 16 views.

2. dan5

Another High Winds Orwell Bridge closure expected this week!

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 15, 2018 with 29 replies and 188 views.

3. dan5

High winds ‘highly likely’ to close A14 Orwell Bridge in Suffolk tomorrow

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 2:03 PM with 2 replies and 17 views.

4. dan5

Could you volunteer as a special constable with Suffolk police?

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 8:04 PM with 1 replies and 7 views.

5. dan5

Prospect of third Orwell Bridge closure this year sees Ipswich MP make renewed calls for...

by dan5 in Northern Bypass NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 8:32 PM with 1 replies and 8 views.

6. martinc

Doors open at new Ipswich Building Society’s flagship branch

by martinc in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 1:04 PM with 2 replies and 15 views.

7. dan5

Major roadworks at Heath Road, Foxhall Road and Bixley Road roundabout in Ipswich start today

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 22, 2018 at 5:40 AM with 5 replies and 34 views.

8. dan5

Revealed – Artist’s impressions unveil major new proposals for hotel, restaurants and gym...

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 5:04 AM with 2 replies and 22 views.

9. dan5

Competitions authority finds takeover of Sky by Fox not in public interest

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 9:16 AM with 1 replies and 12 views.

10. dan5

Supermarket Sainsbury’s puts “thousands of jobs” at risk in restructure

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 12:13 PM with 1 replies and 15 views.