welcome back!

Discussion in 'Support' started by martinc, Jun 28, 2017.

1. martinc

martincFounder Member

https://ipswi.com/ipswich/topic/ipswi-changes/

what would you like to see?

can't reply to that topic though...

• Like Like x 1

From Ipswich? Join the Ipswich Community today!

Get involved in the online Ipswich Community to enter our competition to win £250.
      We would love to hear your views on this topic. Read the T&Cs.

• Common discussions include the economy, local politics, Northern Bypass, unitary authority, homelessness, Upper Orwell Crossings, crime, and potholes.
      • Comment on Ipswich Star news articles without strict moderation

• Ipswi

IpswiGuest

It is frustrating and annoying, I hope you can reply to this one?! it is time to replace the platform for something better I think :)

• watchfull

watchfullFounder Member

Blinking heck Dan you had me worried thought we had lost you -- nice to see ipswi.com -- up and running again -- if you are going to freshen it up it would be nice for it to be something like streetlife -- abit more flow to it -- other than that its OK -- Oh would also like to see it gets more publicity -- more people must know about this site -- I have already been pushing it on Nextdoor

• Like Like x 1
      • Ipswi

IpswiGuest

It has been a PITA the site going down so long but I spent the time wisely planning for the new improved version.

This was only the alpha - or first release - so this is why I didn't publicise it. Martin is very patient in particular, others wouldn't be so.

When we have something respectful looking to promote (I guess the current site isn't too bad) I can push it through all local events etc.

• OP
        OP
        martinc

martincFounder Member

I'm know for my patience and unflappability.

• dan5

dan5Founder MemberStaff Member

On the other hand I am not NOT. Currently going through the process of Extended Validation so I can get a security certificate for IPSWI where the company name Ipswich Ltd will appear alongside. They have tougher processes than a bloody bank and HMRC combined! I am sure by the time it gets "awarded" I will have 3 months left before renewal!

I don't expect them to be handed out like sweets but requesting a lawyer letter to confirm you are a proper business when Companies House is a government source widely open for anyone to view without registration... it is enough for Banks, and your telephone number on D&B when most businesses function without needing this. Absurd.  Once all that is done I need to trust my telephone works... I am sure self-employed persons with an online only presence suffers and won't be able to get this validation no matter how much they spend!

EV Browsers from OT Alliance

Image from Online Trust Alliance.

• Ipswi

IpswiGuest

Working on replacement platform. Current site will be kept in place as data is migrated across. IPSWI alpha is probably remaining read-only for a while once the new site takes over. I think I will miss the current design a bit (although it really is basically slightly better style modification to improve the very basic original theme) but not the bugs in it!

More like this

Title
      RepliesViews
      Last Message
      1. dan5

Improvement

by dan5 in SupportSupportDec 1, 2017 with 1 replies and 27 views.

2. Ipswich

Site Changes & Advertising

by Ipswich in SupportSupportFeb 24, 2017 with 4 replies and 53 views.

3. Ipswich

Navigation, its so confusing!

by Ipswich in SupportSupportSep 11, 2017 with 3 replies and 48 views.

4. martinc

Problems and Suggestions

by martinc in SupportSupportSep 11, 2017 with 1 replies and 37 views.

5. Ipswich

IPSWI Changes

by Ipswich in SupportSupportJun 28, 2017 with 8 replies and 179 views.

6. Ipswi

welcome back!

by Ipswi in SupportSupportJun 28, 2017 with 6 replies and 77 views.