Ipswich Star Volkswagen Passat Crashes Into Mosque Car Park At Argyle Street/woodbridge Road Junction,...

Discussion in 'Ipswich News' started by newsbot, Aug 21, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. newsbot

newsbotMember

A man has been arrested after a car crashed through a brick wall and into the car park of a mosque in Ipswich.

Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!
  2. Loading...

3. martinc

martincMember

4. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

With a German car and a mosque (car park) involved must be a terror attack... actually someone disqualified from driving under the influence of alcohol collided with the wall, got out and left... (i.e. why mention Mosque?)

Could have been any road, wall or car park involved.

"A car has gone through a wall into a car park"...

5. martinc

martincMember

didn't even know it was a mosque car park behind that wall. So agreed, added to make it more clickbaitable, next we know Ipswich will be on lockdown as "Radicallist Crashes Car into Mosque"

6. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

Well, for me... as much as we all dislike click bait, stirring tension amongst different sections of our community is totally unacceptable. Humans have emotions, people don't read headlines as plain text... sometimes the most ridiculous headlines wind people up the most... or fool them.

Press love doing this. Ipswich Star always use stock photos and pick up news stories late...

carparkmosquecarparkcarcrash.jpg
    It is dark now but they reported this quite quickly and got photos from every angle. Perhaps submitted to them from worried muslims. Where is the mosque? I didn't know there was one there.

What did they also do?

A drink-driver crashes a car into a wall. Why block comments? It was intend to provoke a reaction...

I looked into it... I believe the mosque is at the old Ipswich Board School...
    ipswichboardingschoolmosque.png
    This is half-way down Argyle street, and although it might be their car park, it clearly happened on the corner closer to Woodbridge Road. This is so far from the mosque that I wouldn't have saw it as relevant. For someone drunk, it was as close as they could get to the bordering wall on Woodbridge Road without knocking it down. Car isn't facing towards the mosque building....

In this streetview there are two german cars driving past...

None of these details relevant. "Police arrest drink driver after he crashed a car into a wall" doesn't make such a good story.