Satire Suffolk Gazette: Orwell Bridge To Be Closed Weekly For Livestock Crossing

Discussion in 'Satire News' started by ComedySatire, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ComedySatire

ComedySatireNew Member

Orwell Bridge to be closed weekly for livestock crossing

The discovery of an ancient bylaw means the Orwell Bridge will be closed every Wednesday morning to allow local livestock to cross, it has been revealed. Police say the three-hour closure is likely to cause traffic chaos in and around Ipswich every week, but the move is unavoidable as they must enforce the law. Local […] The post Orwell Bridge to be closed weekly for livestock crossing appeared first on Suffolk Gazette. Related Stories

Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!
  2. Loading...

3. watchfull

watchfullMember

Bridge to close for live stock crossing!
    What a load of old Bull ---- how on earth did they cross the river before there was a bridge -- for once the police are correct in saying this will cause chaos for the town

4. Ipswich

IpswichAdministratorStaff Member

Sorry! :oops:

Suffolk Gazette is a spoof news (fake news) website. This incorrectly went into the wrong forum - Suffolk News instead of Offtopic Chat. I have corrected the feed so it now goes into the right place and had to move 20 or so articles one-by-one across!

This week there is a planned Orwell Bridge closure or two at night I believe. I don't think it is a full closure but the A1214 etc. will see increased traffic because of it. So, there won't be closures for livestock (but knowing my luck there will probably be a closure for a broken down lorry with livestock on board...)

More like this

Title
RepliesViews
Last Message
  1. dan5

Booking.nay - Last minute October getaways!

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsOct 11, 2017 with 2 replies and 31 views.

2. dan5

Nextdoor

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsOct 13, 2017 with 1 replies and 30 views.

3. dan5

Suffolk Highways (Kier)

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsSep 23, 2017 with 5 replies and 52 views.

4. martinc

Newsbot really does get involved...

by martinc in Satire NewsSatire NewsOct 4, 2017 with 3 replies and 28 views.

5. dan5

Pret A Manager coming to Buttermarket Centre

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsSep 29, 2017 with 1 replies and 44 views.

6. dan5

Pret A Manger Coming To Arras Square?

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsAug 19, 2017 with 2 replies and 36 views.

7. Ipswich

Suffolk Gazette: Orwell Bridge To Be Closed Weekly For Livestock Crossing

by Ipswich in Satire NewsSatire NewsAug 11, 2017 with 2 replies and 122 views.

8. dan5

Ipswich Escape Rooms

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsAug 9, 2017 with 4 replies and 54 views.

9. dan5

What Does Pret A Manger Mean? Is It Upmarket?

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsAug 5, 2017 with 5 replies and 114 views.

10. martinc

Its gone...

by martinc in Offtopic ChatSatire NewsApr 4, 2017 with 1 replies and 35 views.