Ransomes Way & Felixstowe Road Illegal Hoarding Advertisements

Discussion in 'Local Politics' started by dan5, Aug 5, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. dan5

dan5Founder MemberStaff Member

This is a strange case. One night in 2016 (assume it was done at night), someone came along dug holes, poured concrete and erected large billboard advertisements at the Sainsbury's roundabout on Felixstowe Road and on Ransomes Way on Highway land. A company behind it, some reputable businesses have advertised there believing it is all legit. Glasswells being one of them.

directionalmedia.png
    This advertisement and there is another one around the corner on A1189 Ransomes Way.

I call it Highwaysly Illegal. What is more interesting is the council's attitude towards it.

The highway is owned by the county council.
    The illegal advert is operated by directional media

Both are liable to prosecution by the local authority (borough or district council).

I was reading email correspondence from the relevant local authorities and highway authority... it appears the district council is threatening to jointly prosecute the land owner and the advertising firm, but scared to prosecute the county council who said "Ultimately we can employ our contractors to remove them but it's a lot of work due to the size" so it has been ongoing for quite a while.

sccransomeswayhoardings.png
    There was email ping pong for months. Not sure if there are any updates.

I haven't been to Ransomes Europark for a while via Felixstowe Road so I am not sure if they are both there. The one on Ransomes Way is more likely to remain - and I believe falls under the borough council's area.

From Ipswich? Join the Ipswich Community today!

Get involved in the online Ipswich Community to enter our competition to win £250.
    We would love to hear your views on this topic. Read the T&Cs.

• Common discussions include the economy, local politics, Northern Bypass, unitary authority, homelessness, Upper Orwell Crossings, crime, and potholes.
    • Comment on Ipswich Star news articles without strict moderation

2. Loading...

More like this

Title
RepliesViews
Last Message
  1. dan5

Chopstix Noodle bar coming to Ipswich Sailmakers

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsApr 28, 2017 with 5 replies and 415 views.

2. martinc

Dogs Head Street: car drivers ignore prohibition

by martinc in Town CentreLocal PoliticsDec 14, 2017 at 10:11 PM with 1 replies and 25 views.

3. dan5

Suffolk Highways: The Havens roundabout works

by dan5 in Ransomes EuroparkLocal PoliticsNov 9, 2017 with 6 replies and 84 views.

4. dan5

Ipswich Vision: In A Nutshell

by dan5 in Ipswich Democracy GroupLocal PoliticsJul 12, 2017 with 2 replies and 79 views.

5. dan5

Leaked: Actual Ipswich Cornhill End Designs Revealed

by dan5 in Local PoliticsLocal PoliticsDec 10, 2017 at 10:38 PM with 13 replies and 142 views.

6. dan5

Upper Orwell Crossings: December Update

by dan5 in Upper Orwell CrossingsLocal PoliticsDec 12, 2017 at 9:18 PM with 2 replies and 27 views.

7. dan5

Cornhill Regeneration scheme rockets to £3.6m after cost saving changes

by dan5 in Local PoliticsLocal PoliticsDec 10, 2017 at 11:12 PM with 8 replies and 98 views.

8. dan5

Suffolk Highways: 1 in 10 posts vacant

by dan5 in Local PoliticsLocal PoliticsDec 12, 2017 at 6:41 PM with 2 replies and 22 views.

9. dan5

What's The Hold Up With The Suffolk Record Office?

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsAug 7, 2017 with 1 replies and 74 views.

10. dan5

The Easy Hotel, what's happening?

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsJun 30, 2017 with 14 replies and 209 views.