Ransomes Way & Felixstowe Road Illegal Hoarding Advertisements

Discussion in 'Local Politics' started by dan5, Aug 5, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

This is a strange case. One night in 2016 (assume it was done at night), someone came along dug holes, poured concrete and erected large billboard advertisements at the Sainsbury's roundabout on Felixstowe Road and on Ransomes Way on Highway land. A company behind it, some reputable businesses have advertised there believing it is all legit. Glasswells being one of them.

directionalmedia.png
    This advertisement and there is another one around the corner on A1189 Ransomes Way.

I call it Highwaysly Illegal. What is more interesting is the council's attitude towards it.

The highway is owned by the county council.
    The illegal advert is operated by directional media

Both are liable to prosecution by the local authority (borough or district council).

I was reading email correspondence from the relevant local authorities and highway authority... it appears the district council is threatening to jointly prosecute the land owner and the advertising firm, but scared to prosecute the county council who said "Ultimately we can employ our contractors to remove them but it's a lot of work due to the size" so it has been ongoing for quite a while.

sccransomeswayhoardings.png
    There was email ping pong for months. Not sure if there are any updates.

I haven't been to Ransomes Europark for a while via Felixstowe Road so I am not sure if they are both there. The one on Ransomes Way is more likely to remain - and I believe falls under the borough council's area.

Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!
  2. Loading...

More like this

Title
RepliesViews
Last Message
  1. dan5

Ipswich Family Trail 2017

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsAug 9, 2017 with 7 replies and 64 views.

2. dan5

Ipswich Station forecourt nominated for award

by dan5 in Railway StationLocal PoliticsOct 19, 2017 at 8:13 PM with 8 replies and 40 views.

3. dan5

Ipswich Star changes its comments facility

by dan5 in Local PoliticsLocal PoliticsJun 29, 2017 with 5 replies and 62 views.

4. dan5

Ipswich Professional Drivers

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsMar 19, 2017 with 1 replies and 90 views.

5. dan5

IPSWICH ARTS AND MUSEUMS TRUST (I-AM)

by dan5 in Local PoliticsLocal PoliticsFeb 15, 2017 with 2 replies and 34 views.

6. dan5

Sandy Martin

by dan5 in Local PoliticsLocal PoliticsMay 6, 2017 with 24 replies and 89 views.

7. dan5

Camp Cattlemarket now open for business!

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsSep 8, 2017 with 21 replies and 149 views.

8. dan5

Majors Corner traffic light failure

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockLocal PoliticsOct 10, 2017 with 6 replies and 52 views.

9. dan5

Parking in Arras Square, St Stephens Lane

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsFeb 13, 2017 with 27 replies and 122 views.

10. dan5

Connexions 159

by dan5 in Central IpswichLocal PoliticsJul 13, 2017 with 10 replies and 150 views.