Orwell Bridge Closures: Idiot Drivers

Discussion in 'Orwell Bridge Closures' started by dan5, Oct 20, 2017.

1. dan5

dan5Founder MemberStaff Member

Unfortunately, people get hot tempered, they panic... and what is generally a decreasing standard of road users with poor discipline, comes some complete idiots. Being polite of course.
    OrwellBridgeClosed-IdiotDrivers.png
    You cannot really tell in this photo. I first tried to tell the driver off with shaking my head and the no-no gesture. Circled is a child, you cannot see too clearly in the photo which is only good for privacy reasons. Yes you guessed it... this car wants to go right... was in the far left lane... the indicator is on. Not too clear in the photo.

I took this photo as cars were coming across from the A1071 - hence red cycle and pedestrian light. Not many cars heading in this direction - most were turning left (well, waiting for a gap). I only took the photo to enforce what I was instructing at him - he was looking directly at me. You can see the wheels of this orange mini aiming left and a gap between the lorry and the car behind the mini. The car behind moved up, the mini reversed a little out of the path of danger.

Opposite is cars and lorries, probably peddle hungry into getting across the junction. What did the driver do? Yes he turned right! (When these lights went green straight ahead and left - not the separate signals for turning right which he couldn't see). It is prohibited to turn right here. Down the wrong way and cut up a lorry. This is why I used the photo rather than delete it.

I should also point out that traffic heading out of town was very light. The dual carriageway in front was empty, the opposite side completely congested. You can tell in this photo that only a few vehicles are queuing on this side. The car jumped a red light to get past the stop line.

Rude Drivers

I should also point out that earlier I was crossing besides Tesco Copdock where the zebra crossing is. Some old woman allowed the crossing not be obstructed (well done) observed from Tesco bus stop area, then blocked it after I walked down, as I was about to cross.

This was without any cars moving up... as the mini roundabout further ahead was gridlocked. Was absolutely no reason to be rude. I didn't take a photo as I didn't take a before photo (doesn't change about not stopping on a zebra crossing)... this is a private road but "public place" of the RTA 88 applies rather than "public highway". She did this whilst her car was full of people. I don't know why people have to be like this.

From Ipswich? Join the Ipswich Community today!

Get involved in the online Ipswich Community to enter our competition to win £250.
    We would love to hear your views on this topic. Read the T&Cs.

• Common discussions include the economy, local politics, Northern Bypass, unitary authority, homelessness, Upper Orwell Crossings, crime, and potholes.
    • Comment on Ipswich Star news articles without strict moderation

2. Loading...

More like this

Title
RepliesViews
Last Message
  1. martinc

Central Suffolk MP Dr Dan Poulter sticks hands up female MP skirts

by martinc in Local PoliticsOrwell Bridge ClosuresNov 5, 2017 with 2 replies and 82 views.

2. dan5

Upper Orwell Crossings: August Update

by dan5 in Upper Orwell CrossingsOrwell Bridge ClosuresAug 6, 2017 with 10 replies and 110 views.

3. martinc

Filthy, dirty, scruffy Ipswich.

by martinc in Local PoliticsOrwell Bridge ClosuresJun 21, 2017 with 8 replies and 131 views.

4. dan5

Ben Gummer

by dan5 in Local PoliticsOrwell Bridge ClosuresApr 15, 2017 with 65 replies and 184 views.

5. martinc

Pot Holes.

by martinc in Local PoliticsOrwell Bridge ClosuresAug 17, 2017 with 17 replies and 132 views.

6. dan5

Ipswich Star changes its comments facility

by dan5 in Local PoliticsOrwell Bridge ClosuresJun 29, 2017 with 5 replies and 81 views.

7. dan5

IPSWICH ARTS AND MUSEUMS TRUST (I-AM)

by dan5 in Local PoliticsOrwell Bridge ClosuresFeb 15, 2017 with 2 replies and 64 views.

8. dan5

Sandy Martin

by dan5 in Local PoliticsOrwell Bridge ClosuresMay 6, 2017 with 24 replies and 103 views.

9. dan5

Majors Corner traffic light failure

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockOrwell Bridge ClosuresOct 10, 2017 with 6 replies and 66 views.

10. martinc

Orwell Bridge Closed September, October

by martinc in Orwell Bridge ClosuresOrwell Bridge ClosuresSep 16, 2017 with 37 replies and 477 views.