East Anglia's Waterfront Town | Ipswich Jobs |

Man Detained By Police In Portman Road Car Park After Getting Into Woman’s Car And Refusing...

Discussion in 'Ipswich News' started by newsbot, Aug 9, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. newsbot

newsbotMember

A man has been detained by police officers in Ipswich after reportedly getting into the front seat of woman’s car and refusing to get out.

Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!
  2. Loading...

3. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

More details?
    • Someone (a stranger) with mental health issues,
    • Someone known to the woman (relative, friend, boyfriend, ex-bf, husband, ex-husband),
    • Someone indirectly known to the woman (pay debt, collect drug money etc),
    • Stranger doing a prank, or
    • Criminal attempting a robbery
    Not going to be PC, but where does the man-against-woman come into this unless it was an attempted assault? The information we have (so little of it) made it appear to be a trespass incident (I can understand how any victim would be shaken up about it, men included) but to this stage nothing else...

Unless the man has mental health issue and detained the relevant Act, there was little point arresting him unless the man was harassing the woman (or anything more significant than the petty offence of sitting in someones car)

What is bizarre is this is right next to the Archant office and they had no clue of the details.

I think the point I am getting at is this is likely to be stripped back of relevant details... are female drivers who travel alone to work or shop in the town centre who park in public car parks at danger? No... but it could be mistaken to be the case.

Photo from the Ipswich Star... (copyright Adam Howlett)
    birkettsportmanroadcarpark.jpg
    Birketts is coming on well... oh and I agree, we could do with an car park extension to the left of here...

4. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

IPSWI beta