Jodie Whittaker: Doctor Who 13th Time Lord To Be A Woman

Discussion in 'Offtopic Chat' started by dan5, Jul 16, 2017.

1. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

About time the doctor of Doctor Who was a woman, but is it unlucky (13th) for it to be feminist Jodie Whittaker?

Jodie Whittaker: Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman - BBC News

Some people might be happy but I think - gender aside - she is the wrong person for the role. The BBC don't appear very well at casting the right people these days. I am not a big Doctor Who fan - whovian - some episodes are really good but the vast majority are absolute rubbish, giving the show the nickname Doctor Poo.

The acceptance speech...

Since when does the casting of a fictional "Time Lord" in a popular BBC TV programme become along the same lines of the woman's right to vote, first woman into space, first woman to fly across the world solo, first woman to win the Nobel Prize etc.?

Someone like Richard Ayoade would have been ideal for such a role... someone who can bring charisma (and slight bit of comedy too perhaps?) in addition to just being able to act out lines. In my view David Tennant (10th) was the last good doctor. Richard was never in the running for it but his personality would have been great.

I would have preferred David Harewood for the role out of all the other suggested candidates.

Jodie Whittaker probably won't be too bad, all Whovians will start off disliking the choice like the last couple of changes, before growing to like the new doctor. Either way, I will continue not to watch it.

Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!

More like this

Title
RepliesViews
Last Message
  1. dan5

Ipswich Northern Bypass Nbp Part 6

by dan5 in Northern BypassOfftopic ChatAug 1, 2017 with 99 replies and 1051 views.

2. dan5

Booking.nay - Last minute October getaways!

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatOfftopic ChatOct 11, 2017 with 2 replies and 31 views.

3. dan5

Nextdoor

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatOfftopic ChatOct 13, 2017 with 1 replies and 30 views.

4. dan5

Suffolk Highways (Kier)

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatOfftopic ChatSep 23, 2017 with 5 replies and 52 views.

5. dan5

Unlimited National Banger Championship Of The World

by dan5 in TourismOfftopic ChatOct 7, 2017 with 3 replies and 49 views.

6. martinc

Newsbot really does get involved...

by martinc in Satire NewsOfftopic ChatOct 4, 2017 with 3 replies and 28 views.

7. dan5

Pret A Manager coming to Buttermarket Centre

by dan5 in Offtopic ChatOfftopic ChatSep 29, 2017 with 1 replies and 43 views.

8. Ipswich

170 Years Of Ipswich Museums

by Ipswich in TourismOfftopic ChatAug 11, 2017 with 8 replies and 84 views.

9. dan5

Ipswich Maritime Festival 2017: Day Two

by dan5 in TourismOfftopic ChatAug 20, 2017 with 7 replies and 76 views.

10. dan5

Ipswich Maritime Festival 2017: Day One

by dan5 in TourismOfftopic ChatAug 20, 2017 with 2 replies and 49 views.