Ipswich Star Ipswich Twilight Road Races: Everything You Need To Know About Tonight’s Event

Discussion in 'Ipswich News' started by newsbot, Aug 18, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. newsbot

newsbotMember

More than 1,700 people will be running through Ipswich this evening – here are the key details for those taking part and going along to cheer them on.

Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!
  2. Loading...

3. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

6pm road closures are a bit harsh when starting at 7pm...

4. martinc

martincMember

i seem to recall it was one man and a pickup last year going around putting up barriers, so he starts at 6.00pm, and finishes at 7.00pm...

5. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

Damn!

If they don't have the resources it shouldn't go ahead. Considering the start is at the college, it shouldn't be impacting the town around rush hour. Friday is POETS day for many, but it isn't unusual for people to take it a little easy for a pint after work etc.

30 minutes should be adequate to sort the barriers out etc.

With only 200 people doing the 5K - why not have a solely 10K race? Problem solved...

Ipswich 5k Summer Series - Race 1 | Nice Work Race Management Two laps around Christchurch Park... that is your 5K... they run regularly. There is also regular events in Chantry Park etc.

6. martinc

martincMember

i probably exaggerate, i only saw one bloke last year who shut off the end of a street just as i was about to go down it, so was a bit pi**ed off, this year i will be away in plenty of time... fingers crossed...

• Funny Funny x 1