Ipswich Museums see increase in visitors

Discussion in 'Latest Ipswich News' started by dan5, Jan 11, 2018.

1. dan5

dan5Founder MemberStaff Member

Ipswich Museums see increase in visitors but not quite enough for an High Street campus lottery grant!

Source: Big jump in museum visitors…and more time to see Wolsey’s Angels | Ipswich Borough Council

From Ipswich? Join the Ipswich Community today!

Get involved in the online Ipswich Community to enter our competition to win £250.
    We would love to hear your views on this topic. Read the T&Cs.

• Common discussions include the economy, local politics, Northern Bypass, unitary authority, homelessness, Upper Orwell Crossings, crime, and potholes.
    • Comment on Ipswich Star news articles without strict moderation

2. Loading...

3. martinc

martincFounder Member

I've seen the angels, i think they're wonderful, but another 3 and a bit months for the exhibition? Its not like the place has been rammed with people all the time, I doubt more than a couple of people at any one time. So why extend it? Is that not at the expense of some other exhibition that would have followed on which would then have resulted in us making another visit?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • OP
      OP
      dan5

dan5Founder MemberStaff Member

I really don't get it!

A lot of "oldest English town" and "oldest Anglo-Saxon town" talk recently... and now plugging "Ipswich's Greatest Son"... yet why the Victorian Wet Dock aka Ipswich Waterfront focus?

So much that they extended the exhibition! You know why... no one has seen it and the borough insist everyone does.

On a serious note, I have been to all 3 locations on many occasions... how do they determine footfall? There is no counter I am aware of and they don't sell/issue tickets. Is this guess work?

More like this

Title
    RepliesViews
    Last Message
    1. dan5

Driver of Alpha Romeo found in ditch beside A1071 near Hintlesham Hall still unaccounted for

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 22, 2018 at 6:13 PM with 3 replies and 16 views.

2. dan5

Another High Winds Orwell Bridge closure expected this week!

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 15, 2018 with 29 replies and 188 views.

3. dan5

High winds ‘highly likely’ to close A14 Orwell Bridge in Suffolk tomorrow

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 2:03 PM with 2 replies and 17 views.

4. dan5

Could you volunteer as a special constable with Suffolk police?

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 8:04 PM with 1 replies and 7 views.

5. dan5

Prospect of third Orwell Bridge closure this year sees Ipswich MP make renewed calls for...

by dan5 in Northern Bypass NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 8:32 PM with 1 replies and 8 views.

6. martinc

Doors open at new Ipswich Building Society’s flagship branch

by martinc in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 1:04 PM with 2 replies and 15 views.

7. dan5

Major roadworks at Heath Road, Foxhall Road and Bixley Road roundabout in Ipswich start today

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 22, 2018 at 5:40 AM with 5 replies and 34 views.

8. dan5

Revealed – Artist’s impressions unveil major new proposals for hotel, restaurants and gym...

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 5:04 AM with 2 replies and 22 views.

9. dan5

Competitions authority finds takeover of Sky by Fox not in public interest

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 9:16 AM with 1 replies and 12 views.

10. dan5

Supermarket Sainsbury’s puts “thousands of jobs” at risk in restructure

by dan5 in Latest Ipswich NewsLatest Ipswich NewsJan 23, 2018 at 12:13 PM with 1 replies and 15 views.