IBC Council Meeting: Upper Orwell Crossings

Discussion in 'Upper Orwell Crossings' started by dan5, Sep 11, 2017.

1. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

• Dislike Dislike x 1
      Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!

• martinc

martincMember

thanks for that, most interesting but this part of the statement below surely is outrageous! Is this not a project entirely within the borough, only affecting the borough and yet SCC and IBC are not fully engaged together???

"Sometimes they’re not as welcoming of contributions from the Borough Council as necessarily I would like"

How in earth can this be? Surely Ellesmere should know all there possibly is to know about this, his whole line of response is disgraceful... when was this exchange, please give a date and source..

• OP
      OP
      dan5

But surely they are... Ipswich Vision... all authorities under one organisation working together...

I should have mentioned this was July's IBC "Council" meeting (26th?), where (selected) people can ask (a few) questions to councillors.

It is disgusting, like you say in the borough... but the borough council has no say on the project. Also, David Ellesmere is sitting on the fence... I don't think the borough is sold on the Tory vanity bridge project. They were a signatory for the central government funding... so are now committed. Labour borough council, a victim of the Tory Ipswich Vision group...

... it is more of the case the borough doesn't want to speak out, to break the illusion of the Ipswich Vision working, despite the two tier government fighting since Ben Gummer lost his seat (Anyone know what Ben Gummer is doing now?)

• OP
      OP
      dan5