David Ellesmere: "lack of clarity" over Upper Orwell Crossings

Discussion in 'Upper Orwell Crossings' started by dan5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. dan5

dan5ModeratorStaff Member

At the most recent "Council" meeting of Ipswich Borough Council, the Labour Council Leader Councillor David Ellesmere responded to the following question " What are plans from the Council to ensure clear information and regular project updates are shared with both the townsfolk and the local MP, to ensure that people don’t jump to the wrong conclusions about the final design and its local impact?"...

End of July 2017 meeting, doesn't fill us with much confidence if the borough council leader has no idea for an almost endless list of concerns and unknowns about a project supposedly in the advance planning stages.

Welcome to the new IPSWI beta!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - David Ellesmere lack
    1. dan5
      0 replies

3. martinc

martincMember

So this could be helpful, or a waste of time, but I'm putting it in my diary...

NOV 1
    IMT 2017 Autumn Talks - ‘The Upper Orwell Crossings’

‘The Upper Orwell Crossings’ by Suzanne Buck (Suffolk County Council) - A £100m scheme to transform the Wet Dock area, is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Ipswich, but it does come with some consequences and Suzanne Buck, the SCC project Manager will be giving an insight into the project.

All are welcome to our lectures at the Waterfront Building, University of Suffolk. Free car parking is available in the UoS car park opposite the Waterfront Building. The cost for attending a talk is £3.50 for members and £4.50 for guests.

4. OP
    OP
    dan5

there is an entrance fee? maybe should have out priced a few more people by raising it higher.

do you need advance tickets? I.e. vetting process

Probably a waste of time but a small amount to pay if they will reveal more information than they are wanting to reveal to the wider public

5. martinc

martincMember

as I see it they will either reveal more info, in which case why has that been kept from the public so far, or they will have no more info to give at all, in which case what's the point and why is there no more info. I see it as a no win situation for whomever is going to present this but it will need people there to ask the probing questions...

just turn up and pay on the door I assume, unless guests can only come with a member;
    Events

6. OP
    OP
    dan5

someone needs to raise the fact it requires two A14 junctions to be upgraded doubling the cost of the project

7. martinc

martincMember

at the North East Area committee meeting tonight there is going to be an update on the UOC apparently, according to a twitter exchange I had earlier today;

Hi ****, ahead of the meeting there'll be an update by @suffolkcc on Upper Orwell Crossings Project. You're welcome to join at 7 or 7.30.

I would love to go but not sure I can! I just wonder if there is some news of a big step forward they are now starting to leach out in various meetings...

8. OP
    OP
    dan5

I think it is just an advertisement for the upcoming talks. I am not in Ipswich tonight so I can't go and it will be a while before the brief meeting minutes in particular on the upper orwell crossings are published

9. martinc

martincMember

its not on the agenda ether, I queried why the website said a 7.30 start and the twitter feed said 7.00pm, and the UOC talk was the reason apparently... so not sure how many will know about it to go! They may be talking to an empty room,

10. OP
    OP
    dan5

this is unacceptable. so people arrive at the original time ("late") and miss the talk on Ipswich’s largest project for some time!