The continuation of the Northern Bypass topic from Streetlife

Random Thread
Sort By:
Title
RepliesViews
Last Message ↓
  1. Ipswich

Ipswich Northern Bypass Nbp Part 6

by Ipswich in Northern BypassAug 1, 2017 with 114 replies and 1466 views.

Introducing Part 6 of the Northern Bypass conversation.Links to Parts 1-5 are as follows:-Northern Bypass Part 1 (Streetlife)Northern Bypass Part 2 (Streetlife - pending import)Northern Bypass Part 3 (Streetlife - pending import)Northern Bypass Part 4 Northern Bypass Part 5 Momentum is growing... Northern Route studyNew MP (against Upper Orwell Crossings; for a Northern Route)Campaign more organisedPlenty of developments behind...

Latest reply: Yeah, they might not want the wrong people considering repurposing their road... Well we have some progress, not sure what security problems there are? The plans for the cabling are public with location and depth specifications. Please...

2. dan5

Northern Bypass: Martlesham Heath Retail Park

by dan5 in Northern BypassAug 13, 2017 with 0 replies and 120 views.

With the growth of retail parks in the Greater Ipswich area including Martlesham Heath Retail Park to the North East of Ipswich and East of Kesgrave, do we need a Northern Bypass to support the development?307We shouldn't forget that Martlesham Heath is a village built not so long ago on an old RAF base - and the industrial retail units in Beardmore Park were pretty bad and run down until rather recently. There was no Next - it was Focus...

3. dan5

Northern Bypass: Anglia Retail Park

by dan5 in Northern BypassAug 13, 2017 with 0 replies and 61 views.

With the growth of retail parks in the Greater Ipswich area including Anglia Retail Park in North West Ipswich following B&Q moving out, do we need a Northern Bypass to support the development?306 Within 100 metres of Anglia Retail Park there is an industrial estate, council offices and not to forget the large ASDA store. On top of this is a fuel station and takeaway outlets including McDonalds and KFC. Bury Road and Norwich Road...

4. ipswichltd

Northern Bypass Car Sticker Vinyls

by ipswichltd in Northern BypassFeb 25, 2017 with 8 replies and 75 views.

Watchfull was kind enough to suggest producing car stickers to get the word out there!Various different kinds exist - car stickers, vehicle vinyl, bumper stickers and window vinyls / window stickers.Window stickers (well vinyl) are probably the better option). Does anyone know any suppliers? I will look around. Once with a design it is either buy an batch order of 100 or 1000 (whichever is the Minimum Order Quantity, MoQ) with a...

Latest reply: I am ordering a few item samples with a UK supplier I found to check out quality. They seem pretty reasonable and allow minimum order quantity of 1 unit with stepped discount for more orders. This will allow (hopefully) an average to get middle...

5. ipswichltd

Ipswich Northern Bypass NBP Part 5

by ipswichltd in Northern BypassMay 3, 2017 with 111 replies and 716 views.

Ipswich Northern Bypass NBP Part 5: So it is May 2017, a day away from the local elections (Suffolk County Council) and around a month away from the snap General Election.Northern Bypass Part 4 has exceeded 200 replies, into page 10... time for a new topic... Ipswich Northern Bypass NBP Part 5!IPSWI will keep running a discussion on the Northern Bypass until it gets built (and no guarantees that we won't continue it on talking about how...

Latest reply: 111 replies (plus this one) over 8 pages, new month, new topic...Northern Bypass NBP Part 5 conversation closed.New topic opened... Northern Bypass Part 6!

6. ipswichltd

Northern Bypass NBP Part 4!

by ipswichltd in Northern BypassFeb 14, 2017 with 202 replies and 316 views.

I have been asked by watchfull to start off the Northern Bypass Part 4 topic!As streetlife is closing down and many peoples concerns with Next Door, the conversation will continue on IPSWI.The original topic will be imported to IPSWI so you can refer back to posts.Please bear with the site which can be a little troublesome, these problems will be ironed out over the next week or two.The first three topics on the Northern Bypass had...

Latest reply: I agree. There will be mentions of the Northern Route and Northern Bypass this month I am sure but nothing with substance. The elections effect.There is a new topic now... Northern Bypass Part 5!

7. dan5

Ditch The Car!

by dan5 in Northern BypassApr 6, 2017 with 1 replies and 77 views.

Ipswich Star has their "Ditch the Car" campaign... so much for supporting a Northern Bypass!Should we all cycle, walk or use public transport?!

Latest reply: Ditch the Star. I would, this latest campaign is enough, but sadly I did it a few months ago, and really not missed it at all. I certainly don't feel any less informed. It was probably as good for my health as is a walk into town would be and the...

8. northernbypass

Ben Gummer: We need a Northern Bypass!

by northernbypass in Northern BypassMar 14, 2017 with 13 replies and 57 views.

The cat is out of the bag. Ben Gummer disappoints his dad by letting slip on BBC Radio Suffolk yesterday morning...We need a Northern BypassWhat he meant to say, was a "Northern Route".Ben Gummer interviewed around 8am on Mark Murphy, about new Cornhill plans. 

Latest reply: Not even the local elections are going to make an impact as arguably it isn't the county's problem but the borough. So a slim but unrealistic chance for some councillor to make a difference as part of a campaign just to get elected.They did...

9. Ipswi

Orwell Bridge Summit

by Ipswi in Northern BypassMar 7, 2017 with 0 replies and 48 views.

Orwell Bridge SummitOrwell Bridge Summit Thursday 26 January, 11:00 – 15:00Meeting Place:  Grafton House, 15 – 17 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2DE – The Orwell RoomAGENDA11.00 – 11.15   Introduction and purpose  Martin Fellows11.15 – 11.30  Suffolk County Council Introduction  James Finch11.30 – 11.45  Bridge overview and operation  Simon Amor11.45 – 12.00  The bridge in local infrastructure and economy  Simon AmorImpact of the...

10. northernbypass

Dual carriageway bypass supported by 86%

by northernbypass in Northern BypassFeb 26, 2017 with 0 replies and 60 views.

From EADT: Villagers united over need for bypass for Farnham, Marlesford, Little Glemham and Stratford St AndrewVillagers have spoken with a “conclusive voice” over the need for four communities to have a bypass built if Sizewell C is given the go-ahead.Some 86% of people who responded to a survey by Central Suffolk and North Ipswich MP Dr Dan Poulter supported a full dual carriageway bypass for Marlesford, Little Glemham, Farnham and...

11. Ipswi

Storm Doris and Ranelagh Road closure: ultimate chaos?

by Ipswi in Northern BypassFeb 23, 2017 with 18 replies and 65 views.

With winds between 60-70mph forecast, can the Ipswich road network cope with a key road closure both in town and the TEN-T A14 Orwell Bridge being closed due to high winds from Storm Doris?https://twitter.com/HighwaysEAST/status/834667475845390337

Latest reply: I am getting mixed feedback this morning - some people very angry about yesterday and others who have said the diversion route was well planned and kept traffic moving (compared to 3 months ago) even if very slow.There seemed to be less...

12. sl_watchfull

Continuation NBP part 3

by sl_watchfull in Northern BypassDec 29, 2016 with 0 replies and 51 views.

Streetlife closed our debate down --Northern Bypass for Ipswich which had around about 650 hits plus -- our second heading -- Continuation NBP is about to be shut down also with about 370 hits -- we are now awaiting the out come of talks this spring 2017 -- to use a James Bond saying -- shaken and well stirred -- I feel that we have done the shaken bit but now we have to keep stirring -- I will be getting in touch with the new editor of the...

13. sl_watchfull

Continuation NBP

by sl_watchfull in Northern BypassJul 10, 2016 with 0 replies and 54 views.

Streetlife have closed our NBP debate down which is their policy to do so after six mouths-- and I think we ought to thank Streetlife for allowing us to run for that length of time-- should we keep this continuation going at least until we get the results of the talks taking place-- of which should be completed by this autumn as promised by the SCC-- the talks are taking into account, the fringe development, the road problems of Ipswich,and...

14. sl_watchfull

Northern Bypass for Ipswich

by sl_watchfull in Northern BypassJan 10, 2016 with 547 replies and 548 views.

It has be suggested that we bring this subject up again--can we have your views on this and the reason why--if the Orwell bridge shut down the Valley road gets grid locked--if the big expansion comes about North of Westerfield--it will get worst--I can enlarge upon this but will wait to see what reaction there is forthcoming to this post.< This in an archive of the original post by Watchfull on Streetlife. >

Latest reply: I to went to the Headlam group consultation and I agree 100% with what Mass R have said-- I was lucky enough to have a chat with the gentleman who will be managing this new warehouse-- I did ask him why the HG was not interested in the B&Q...

Thread Display Options