Ipswich Waterfront

Ipswich Waterfront

Sort By:
Title
RepliesViews
Last Message ↓
  1. dan5

Man and Woman both punched at Ipswich Waterfront

by dan5 in Ipswich WaterfrontDec 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM with 0 replies and 15 views.

Violent crime continues at the Ipswich Waterfront as a couple was assaulted near Jerwood DanceHouse in Foundry Lane. Two male thugs attacked them as they walked in the street - the man was knocked unconscious sustaining a serious head injury by a single punch and the woman also got punched in the attack with less severe injuries. The male victim was taken to Ipswich Hospital.Police are appealing for witnesses following an assault in...

2. dan5

Waterfront Regeneration

by dan5 in Ipswich WaterfrontDec 10, 2017 with 0 replies and 20 views.

Ipswich Borough Council appears to be considering a master plan for Ipswich Waterfront Regeneration. This consists of three political wards so not exclusively regarding the "Stoke Bridge Gateway". It appears to have been a delayed decision since May. Not sure what has taken them so long, although nothing might be forthcoming. Other towns would have focused on the regeneration before creating a title slogan for the town.Regeneration of...

3. wrightie

Suffolk University three master plans pre 2008, 2008, 2011-2023

by wrightie in Ipswich WaterfrontNov 27, 2017 with 3 replies and 84 views.

The post needs to be updated, especially the conclusion.Its amazing to see the shift from the north campus to the waterfront. Housing is also planned for the car park in the north campus. Its actually quite depressing.University of Suffolk MasterplanThe post will be expanded upon with more detail, but I posted it as I recently found the 2011 master plan.

Latest reply: That is shocking, 71% of the initial anticipated number of student accommodation units was never built.It has been a disaster from day one. They wanted what is now IWIC on the island site but settled for the current building on their small...

4. dan5

Bankside, Grafton Way

by dan5 in Ipswich WaterfrontNov 29, 2017 with 0 replies and 54 views.

We can confirm the Grafton Way proposal is now being marketed as Bankside Ipswich.The site is situated between Bridge Street and Princes Street along the north bank of the River Orwell, with frontage to Grafton Way. The railway station is a few minutes’ walk away providing an Intercity rail service to London Liverpool Street. Close by is the thriving Ipswich waterfront with a number of residential apartments, hotel, restaurants, offices and...

5. wrightie

Grafton Way Proposal

by wrightie in Ipswich WaterfrontOct 21, 2017 with 14 replies and 256 views.

I have just found some finalised renderings of the Grafton Way proposal. I created a post on The Ipswich Proposal. Though I try to be neutral and just document the proposal, I had to stop being myself from ranting. Here are the renderings. Personally, I think think this design is hideous. Dont get me wrong I'm all for some colour but... Look at it... not to mention the tower...713 714This has got to be the worst designed, least...

Latest reply: Tenants are being advertised now for the Grafton Way site which is being marketed as Bankside.

6. dan5

Primary School to go next to University of Suffolk campus

by dan5 in Ipswich WaterfrontNov 28, 2017 with 0 replies and 68 views.

Land has been allocated for a new primary school to be built sandwiched between a college, university (including The Hold), a public park and a busy junction from Star Lane gyratory to South East Ipswich.878 This initially was a bigger site including the university's library building. It is no longer proposed but allocated as of 2017.The university is tiny as it is - why keep allocating all its land and car parks for other purposes and...

7. dan5

Ipswich Waterfront Modern Aluminium Sphere Bauble Tree

by dan5 in Ipswich WaterfrontNov 10, 2017 with 1 replies and 83 views.

The fifth year of a modern politically correct Christmas tree, has seen its demotion to outside Ipswich's University of Suffolk Waterfront Building on the Ipswich Waterfront. It is actually better suited here. This aluminium monstrosity serves a reminder of the little unambitious steps Ipswich tries to innovate by those in charge of the taxpayer purse, always ends up as a major embarrassment. Just like the educational establishment bordering...

Latest reply: A non-flattering photo...835 Lights are permanently on 24/7 (?) - sunlight lit? Casing are white and strobes camera! They are on, same with the Christmas Tree on Cornhill. 836 Cheapest LEDs available. No wonder it looks tacky. Two types also.

8. dan5

Ipswich Waterfront: Is the plaque an sign?

by dan5 in Ipswich WaterfrontNov 17, 2017 with 0 replies and 38 views.

This is an plaque on the "Old Custom House" signifying the royal launch of Ipswich Waterfront.The Queen's Golden Jubilee 2002IPSWICH WATERFRONTOPENED BYHER MAJESTY THE QUEENON HERGOLDEN JUBILEE VISIT17th JULY 2002834 The point is lost here... the picture came out much better than with the naked eye... and cropping. This is the royal opening of the Ipswich Waterfront area 15 years ago... they haven't even bothered to make sure the...

Thread Display Options