Ipswich Traffic Gridlock

Report on Ipswich traffic congestion, problems and incidents.

Sort By:
Title ↓
RepliesViews
Last Message
  1. Ipswi

Please Photo or take Video of traffic chaos

by Ipswi in Ipswich Traffic GridlockFeb 17, 2017 with 0 replies and 48 views.

Call to Action! Please don't just witness how bad the traffic chaos starting next week (Monday February 20th) is but document it with evidence of photos and video clips!I will try to do the same. I might take my camera for the next month or so.If you have a photo please upload it as a reply to this message. If you have a video, please upload to YouTube (or message me) and paste a link to it as a reply below.

2. dan5

Majors Corner traffic light failure

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockOct 10, 2017 with 6 replies and 89 views.

Many reports of a problem with traffic lights for the last two days around Majors Corner. 683 (Times are wrong as not logged in it assumes an incorrect timezone)684 Apparently an "technical issue"... says Georgie of Suffolk Highways.

Latest reply: Well, part of it is Ipswich Buses and First Eastern Counties having a non-compete agreement (which is illegal). When an operator violates this agreement (I believe it is verbal rather than written) it becomes known as "bus wars". This is when...

3. dan5

Junction improvements on Foxhall Road and Heath Road Ipswich

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockJan 15, 2018 at 12:40 AM with 2 replies and 40 views.

It has been confirmed that the Foxhall Road roundabout roadworks will begin earlier from 22 January 2018 (for 12 weeks) the works are to create wider roundabout approaches on the A1189 in either direction, to upgrade the toucan crossings, install new LED street lighting, tweak the footpath and reconstruct traffic islands. Once all done resurface certain lengths up to the roundabout. These improvements will mean more efficient traffic...

Latest reply: I have to admit I was a little concerned when all we have is a basic black and white map showing properties, where someone has digitally drawn blue, red and green lines onto it along with two yellow circles showing the toucan pedestrian crossings...

4. dan5

Ipswich roundabout works to overlap?

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockDec 29, 2017 with 5 replies and 140 views.

It appears as if Suffolk County Council's Suffolk Highways will overlap two major roundabout roadworks in the town. Confirmed.991 946766077392015361Why would anyone overlap two major roadworks in the east of the town affecting two roundabouts?! For example, Ipswich Buses struggle to run their bus routes on an average day, how will they run services with these roadworks? An hour delay could be likely?

Latest reply: It has been revised again. Suffolk County Council website is saying Foxhall Road roundabout works will begin on Monday 22nd January 2018. I guess you will just have to wait and see... even this date might be wrong!

5. dan5

Ipswich Roadworks Blitz

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockNov 22, 2017 with 2 replies and 132 views.

I am not sure if Google Maps is playing a prank on me or not... but the number of roadworks in Ipswich today... 847 846 850 848 845 853 849 852 851 Not photoshopped. Not confirmed. Excludes a few notable examples for time (i.e. Nacton Road/The Havens roadworks) Any missed?

Latest reply: Try this one, lots more details and it shows all the current TTLs.roadworks.org - Live and planned traffic disruptions

6. dan5

DOUBLE rush hour delays after crash and broken down lorry on Orwell Bridge

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockOct 13, 2017 with 0 replies and 31 views.

Local paper reporting one Road Traffic Collision incident on the Orwell Bridge today and one broken down lorry, one for each period of rush hour. This isn't a record, it isn't unknown for more than two incidents in one rush hour period, for example. However, it shows how unreliable the Orwell Bridge is. I know I am saying nothing commuters using the bridge doesn't already know!Morning rush hour delays after crash involving lorry and car and...

7. dan5

A14 Orwell Bridge closed (temporarily) 20-02-2017

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockFeb 20, 2017 with 2 replies and 73 views.

It seems an incident on the bridge has temporarily closed the Orwell Bridge westbound carriageway. This might not be classified as a "closure" but no traffic was getting through. Waze, Google Maps and Traffic England (Highways Agency) has reported either "slow" moving traffic or non-moving traffic.Traffic England (Highways Agency)  Black means traffic not moving, red slowly moving, yellow slower than expected, green is goodWaze...

Latest reply: Police were called to the scene, close to the Shell garage, at around 4.15pm and are now in the process of moving it onto the hard shoulder.Drivers are being warned they could face delays of up to seven minutes while recovery of the vehicle,...

8. dan5

60 Second Fixes: Solving Buttermarket Centre car park queuing

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockDec 30, 2017 with 0 replies and 38 views.

So what have Suffolk County Council, Suffolk Highways, Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk Constabulary and Ipswich Buses all got in common? They couldn't run a bath... 1007 Idea, research and (bad) presentation in 60 seconds - one minute!Why is it so difficult for the authorities to solve this decade old problem in the town centre when I have clearly solved (half) the problem in 60 seconds of thinking about it? 1006 ( This post another 5...

9. dan5

2018 Ipswich Traffic Nightmare

by dan5 in Ipswich Traffic GridlockDec 17, 2017 with 6 replies and 274 views.

Ipswich will suffer an array of roadworks causing severe traffic congestion and traffic nightmare in the new year. If you rely on public transport you might as well seek alternatives. If you drive, allow plenty more time to get to work. It kicks off on Monday 8th January 2018. Ipswich's section of Foxhall Road will be closed from Pearson Road whilst Suffolk County Council/Suffolk Highways tweak the roundabout. The other three exits (other...

Latest reply: Could you believe it? The latest information on Suffolk County Council website specifies the work has been pushed forward 2 weeks to the 22nd January 2018. The works will create an additional lane for the roundabout for Heath Road and Bixley...

Thread Display Options