Ipswich City Bid

Suffolk County Council distraction technique. (Ipswich should be a city but not before a unitary authority)

Sort By:
Title
RepliesViews
Last Message ↓
  1. dan5

Colin Noble: Ipswich – the next English City?

by dan5 in Ipswich City BidDec 11, 2017 with 1 replies and 16 views.

A strong and successful Ipswich is the key to a strong and successful Suffolk.Ever since becoming leader of Suffolk County Council, this is something I’ve believed in and my motion put forward at this week’s full council, shows I’m behind it.Seconded by Paul West, cabinet member for the town, we recognise Ipswich as the fast-growing, economic centre of Suffolk, driving growth to all areas of the county.City status would be a real...

Latest reply: Same Paul West who was previously a (borough) councillor for transport? See how that turned out... Upper Orwell Crossings... no mention of a Northern Bypass (despite supposedly equal focus on both).You cannot have a BID which costs absolutely...

2. newsbot

Word on the Street: Should Ipswich become a city?

by newsbot in Ipswich City BidNov 30, 2017 with 4 replies and 38 views.

Word on the Street: Should Ipswich become a city?. A new bid to get city status for Ipswich is set to be launched next week by Suffolk County Council – we asked people in the town what they thought about the issue.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Latest reply: I like the lol after Kesgrave -- but to be serious in truth Ipswich needs to become a unitary authority which should include Felixstowe, Martlesham and Kesgrave even perhaps the Westerfield area -- I also realise that we do not need a Cathedral...

3. newsbot

Ipswich city bid still has work to do if it is to get major public support

by newsbot in Ipswich City BidNov 30, 2017 with 0 replies and 12 views.

Ipswich city bid still has work to do if it is to get major public support. Proposals to mount a new city bid for Ipswich have not attracted universal support from visitors to our website and Facebook page.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

4. newsbot

Suffolk to start new bid to bring city status to county town of Ipswich

by newsbot in Ipswich City BidNov 30, 2017 with 1 replies and 22 views.

Suffolk to start new bid to bring city status to county town of Ipswich. A new bid to get city status for Ipswich is set to be launched next week – by Suffolk County Council.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Latest reply: A new bid to get city status for Ipswich is set to be launched next week – by Suffolk County Council.Suffolk County Council leader Colin Noble is to propose a motion at next week’s full meeting calling for the authority to support a bid to...

Thread Display Options