Cornhill Ipswich

Sort By:
Title
RepliesViews
Last Message ↓
  1. newsbot

Pret A Manger And New Bank To Move To Ipswich Cornhill Landmark Site

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichAug 3, 2017 with 8 replies and 120 views.

The former Grimwades store on Ipswich Cornhill is expected to be split into two – and converted into a Pret A Manger and a bank.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Latest reply: I forgot Pret confirmed they were after this site when I made the suggestion they were instead going for Buttermarket Centredue to their brand appearing in the Buttermarket Centre planning application.

2. newsbot

Medieval walkway find will allow work to start in Ipswich Cornhill

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichSep 26, 2017 with 8 replies and 48 views.

Medieval walkway find will allow work to start in Ipswich CornhillArchaeologists digging under Ipswich Cornhill have found nothing that should delay rebuilding work starting there early in the new year.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Latest reply: pretty much all filled in now with the block pavers back...

3. newsbot

New-look Ipswich Cornhill Lloyds branch opened by ex-Ipswich Town manager George Burley

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichSep 21, 2017 with 0 replies and 18 views.

New-look Ipswich Cornhill Lloyds branch opened by ex-Ipswich Town manager George BurleyEx-Ipswich Town Football Club manager George Burley officially opened Lloyds’ new-look anchor branch in the town centre yesterday (Thursday, September 21).Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

4. watchfull

Ipswich Cornhill

by watchfull in Cornhill IpswichSep 16, 2017 with 1 replies and 21 views.

Cant, they do anything right? -- if you check back on my post's you will see that I said, they were digging in the wrong place to start with, anyway, this is only a load of old eyewash just to keep us all quiet until they get the opportunity to get started on the forthcoming hairbrained scheme planned.

Latest reply: Yes, I am very not looking forward to it. I can see the current setup requires a face lift but what they have proposed is absolutely shocking and appalling.Martin said he had previously seen the Cornhill dug up in recent times - and if my...

5. newsbot

Work Stops On Ipswich Cornhill Dig – Just 24 Hours After Work Starts

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichAug 22, 2017 with 4 replies and 46 views.

The day after work started on a new archaeological dig on the Cornhill, contractors have been told to fill it all in and come back in a fortnight!Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Latest reply: Last July it appears.... Archaeological dig set to get under way on Ipswich Cornhill - BBC NewsI am not sure if they are just digging for the sake of it. When they won funding for the museums it was for the employment side of things (training...

6. newsbot

New Dig On Ipswich Cornhill To Help Pave The Way For Rebuilding Work

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichAug 21, 2017 with 0 replies and 20 views.

Another dig on the Cornhill has started to help prepare the ground for next year’s rebuilding work in front of Ipswich Town Hall.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

7. newsbot

Is A New Next Next For Town Centre As Cornhill Work Heralds A Start To Redevelopment In...

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichAug 17, 2017 with 3 replies and 35 views.

Another phase of archaeological and geological tests starts on Ipswich’s Cornhill on Monday in preparation for the redevelopment of the town’s central square next year.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

Latest reply: That is what annoys me... who cares?! We already have two Next stores in the area. We would all like to see Next back in the town centre regardless if we would ever shop there. Colchester has 2 Next stores. Norwich has 3 Next stores, so does...

8. newsbot

Find Out How To Protect Your Bicycle From Thieves At Ipswich Event On August 9

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichAug 7, 2017 with 0 replies and 22 views.

A mobile police station will be set up on Ipswich Cornhill for cyclists to learn more about how they can protect their bikes from thieves.Continue reading... on Ipswich Star

9. newsbot

Statue demanded for Cornhill legend Kenny Barker

by newsbot in Cornhill IpswichMay 14, 2017 with 7 replies and 37 views.

Tributes flood in for ‘Mr Ipswich’ Kenny Barker who has died aged 89True gentleman Kenny Barker was a “Cornhill legend” who brightened up people’s lives by chatting to them as he sold newspapers, the 89-year-old’s great niece has said.Fondly known as Mr Ipswich, Kenny was due to celebrate his 90th birthday in June and his 29th wedding anniversary with his wife Janet later this year.He died on Wednesday morning with his family, including...

Latest reply: We need a Banksy piece of art... (other artists available!)Don't remind me of all the investment Ipswich has seen but been poured down the drain... it is only in these instances where the drains manage successfully to get rid of the unwanted...

Thread Display Options