Tory Benedict Michael Gummer (Ben Gummer) has lost the Ipswich constituency seat.
This could see significant change in the town of Ipswich. Fingers crossed.
What went wrong?
- Poor Conservative campaign
- Poor manifesto (Ben Gummer wrote) and the policies within
- Switch between Remain and Leave (intending to become Brexit Secretary)
- His contempt for the WASPI women
- Dishonesty and insincere comments (£1.5bn figure, was a bit too much)
- Vanity (his #1 marketing focus was on the Upper Orwell Crossings)
- He chose the Cornhill designs, not the people!